iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Race Fans

Started by Mooseherder, February 16, 2013, 07:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ron....this is WAY to FUNNY.  :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

Thanks for the laugh, Ron. I loved that one.  :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Peter Drouin

Good one :D :D :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

beenthere

That salesman was a good actor. Wonder where Pepsi ad makers found him?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

petefrom bearswamp

Not a fan but do watch the 500.
What is a restrictor plate and how does it work?
PS it doesn't hurt that Danica is a good lookin woman.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

I think they restrict the air intake. Not much of a race fan myself though.

Danica is cute but the guys that protect her say she is "difficult" to say the least.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Brian_Rhoad

A restrictor plate is a spacer plate that goes between the cardburetor and the intake manifold. The holes in the plate are smaller than the holes in the carburetor to control the amount of air and fuel that goes into the engine.

NASCAR started using fuel injection last year. I don't know what they use to restrict the engines now.

Ianab

A restrictor plate will work exactly the same on a fuel infected engine. If only X amount of air can be sucked in, then the computer only injects y amount of fuel to match. As far as the engine can tell it's just like having a smaller carb, or the throttle only opening 3/4 of the way. Low end power isn't greatly affected, but at full revs/throttle the restriction starts to have an effect and reduces the peak power.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

scully

So far this year I miss my Dodges ! I still can't stand all the chevys being Hendrick cars ,I still don't like either 1 of the shrub brothers ! And Dannica is way hot in her driver suit ! we shall see how Bristole goes !
I bleed orange  .

Jeff

I root for Danika, Smoke and Junior.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

red oaks lumber

i'm a fan of who ever is beating or beats # 48! something about that smirk he wears on his face.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WH_Conley

Gee Red Oaks. I knew there was something about you I liked. :D
Bill

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks for the info on restrictor plates.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WmFritz

Quote from: scully on March 14, 2013, 07:53:09 PM
...either 1 of the shrub brothers !

That's a good one!  My favorite shrub moment was when Jimmy Spencer punched Urt in DA Shnoz. Never been a Dodge fan but, the racing was better with them. I hope they get back in.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

red oaks lumber

thanks bill!   ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

red

www.nascar.usatoday.com has in the drivers seat interview with Danica Patrick. Nascar goes to Michigan this weeken
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WmFritz

Thanks for that link, Red.
I especially liked the story from Junior of his Dad making him work at a gas station to pay off a fine.

On another note, today I heard Juan Pablo Montoya is coming back to Stock Cars.
Look out jet dryers!   :)
Does anybody wonder if it bugs him that a rookie is doing so well with the #42?  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

red

Nascar at Sonoma CA.  roadcourse.  the above link is updated
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

clww

Kentucky Motor Speedway tonight. The pre-race coverage on TNT begins at 6:30 EST.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Mooseherder

The Grandstands appear empty and only filled to 1/4 capacity at the Brickyard.
That has to have NASCAR concerned.  I was surprised to see it.

clww

With seating for 250,000 there we're still a bunch of people there. That's each track, every weekend since the economy headed downhill.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WmFritz

Anybody liking how the new system is unfolding this year?   :snowball:
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Bert

I don't really care for it. I have a hard time keeping up with who is in and who is out. Sad to say, but Nascar has really started to lose my interest.
Saw you tomorrow!

Roger2561

Quote from: WmFritz on November 03, 2014, 07:50:46 PM
Anybody liking how the new system is unfolding this year?   :snowball:

I like it.  It puts the emphasis on winning.  Of course you're going to get those drivers who will do whatever they can to win.  The close racing for the last 50 laps or less is really good.  I wonder what will happen in Homestead, FL (final race - winner takes all) if teammates are 1 - 2 on the last lap, bumper to bumper coming out of turn 4.   :)  Roger 
Roger

beenthere

I don't care for it either, and also find I am losing interest in the races.

It puts the entire season into one big race with the weekly races being more like "one more lap" of the total season. Such that the individual races (laps) are not so important anymore and just accumulate over time. I guess to some, this builds the suspense.

Additionally, it is one more thing that adds to the chit-chat that the commentators spend time with, and for me that is real boring. Same as other sports, the "committee of 3-5" sitting in front of the cameras and hashing over the a little about the game, a lot about themselves and their personal exchanges, and on and on about nothing (IMO). 
Is why I watch most sports with the sound off. i.e. like last night Monday-Night football with Gruden and/or the female blondes interviews.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!