iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Any time Lynn. ;D Had a couple ac people come in. Had to ;D at their prices. Unreal. Best price was $8039 installed. :D Have a buddy that is a ac guy that will be coming next week. He will tell me were to install ducting and everything else. Then he will come back and install the units. He said he would do it for free, but I will throw some money his way. This will cost me around $3200 going this way.

I did move more dirt around the front of the house. Rain coming down today. :( So I can't do anything there. I need to pour some concrete for the front steps as a base pad and another pad for the ac condenser unit. Maybe get this done next week.

LeeB

They do sell precast AC pads fairly reasonable. Just a thought.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishfighter

Quote from: LeeB on May 04, 2019, 11:51:45 AM
They do sell precast AC pads fairly reasonable. Just a thought.
Yes, but over time they start to bow to the center, trapping water. Suckers game there.

Dirt work out front.

Now if only it will dry.

Did started the first two strips of flooring in the back bedroom today. Had added a 2" wide in the door thrash hole.

Then I had to saw out a piece to line the wall. Then pop a line and nail it down. Reason, so I am able to line up the flooring run coming into the room.

Will get back on it Monday and knock out the room.

My one grandson will be making his first communion tomorrow which I look forward to go to. ;D

Magicman

Quote from: fishfighter on May 04, 2019, 11:05:32 AMAny time Lynn
My sawing wagon is loaded right now plus I haven't seen the Cabin and property since that twister came through.  Maybe I can get some time off after I knock a few of these sawing jobs out.  That road trip sawing has me behind.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Lynn, I hope all is good. If you need any help. let me know. I will load up the tools and head your way in a heart beat. 8)

Just about finished laying the floor down.

The different between the two floors are less then 1/16". :( Oh well. ;D

Kind of would of finished the flooring, but even with knee pads and started before 8 am and quitting at 4 pm without a break. I called it a day. Besides that, I would be piecing more flooring then I would of like to do. :o I have well over 400 sf left of this flooring, so I will pull out 4 more long boards and just plane the out tomorrow. ;D

First thing in the morning, I got to get up in the attic. :o Got to do some bracing and then some cutting. Got to make some room for the air handler. >:(

Magicman

Oh wow Paul, you did a job on that flooring.  Compensating for a slight floor height is what thresholds are for.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Finished laying the floor down.

Now just waiting on a ac to go in to sand and varnish out the complete house. ;D

I also had to do some work up in the attic, which was the first thing I did this morning before the heat wave. Had to add some new braces and cut out some old ones. Went easy then I expected. ;D

After that, I climbed on the tractor and did a little grading of the front yard. Still way to wet. :( Then it was time to climb on the ZT and cut some grass. That took a couple hours and then a few beers. ;D

TimGA

Been watching this for a while, great job and great inspiration considering health conditions. That is a lot of work for one person. Can't wait to see it finished.
            Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

sawmilllawyer

Floor looks great, can't wait to see it after it is finished. Paul I also sent you a PM. Keep on moving even if it is small steps you will get there. Andy.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Thanks guys for the kind words. Been over 3 years now on this project. :o I will finish this some day and then I don't know what I will do. :D

I did call a couple people yesterday to see what it will cost to have them come in and shoot some close cell foam under the flooring. I did price a DIY kits. That is around $1200. If I search some more, I am sure I can find a better price then that. 8)

fishfighter

After last weeks rain, almost 15" in three days, things are starting to dry out. Today is the first day I was able to do a little work.

This is a pad for the front steps.

All finished but the drying.

fishfighter

Man, just jumping thru hoops. >:( Trying to get power into the house is unreel. 20+ years ago, one only had to get a treatment plant inspected. Now, >:( One has to get a resurvey to make sure one has built above flood stage, a inspection for safe power feed from the parish and then more. >:( Been waiting on this. >:( Got a inspector coming in the morning. ;D AC/heating system should be in next week. Just sitting around finishing the electrical work waiting on the other man. >:(

Magicman

I can understand the "hurry up and wait frustration" but it will all be worth it after completion.  8)

fishfighter

Well, the parish inspector busted my bubble. >:( >:(. Kind of somewhat of a problem. Having the main breaker panel in a closet. >:(. of course they passed a law as that is a no no. Did that less than a year ago. Asked the inspector if I could be grandfathered in, nope. >:(  Well, he did give me a somewhat easy fix. I had cut back 15" of the closet and add a wall. All done now and I will just build some cabinets into that area. ;D Will post a picture later.

Magicman

Well thankfully it was a fairly simple fix for a guy with a saw, hammer, and brain.  8)

fishfighter

You know a sawsall can do some damage quick. ;D Did talked to the parish inspector. He will be by early Monday morning. The power company boss man that I know, came got what he needed for the work order. All good there. He told me as soon as the parish signs off, he will have a crew right out. ;D

sawmilllawyer

Quick thinking on the closet. Still perking along. Stay at it you will get there!!!
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Inspector came in and all good now. 8) Boy, did I do a no no again. ;D Was in the meter pan and I knocked one of the lugs off and it fell down into the under ground pipe. :o Had to get another rope, tie a rag on and tie it to the rope I have running thru the pipe to pull the power cable thru. Pulled that thru and out popped the lug. ;D All good again. :D

Should get power maybe today or tomorrow. ;D

Got the surveyor coming Wednesday. Have to have a final floor elevation done. No cost for this due to having already paid to have a flood elevation already done.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: fishfighter on May 20, 2019, 11:45:26 AMWas in the meter pan and I knocked one of the lugs off and it fell down into the under ground pipe.

Reminds me of a time I was "saving money" by doing my well pump myself. :-\ It was highly recommended and I wanted to put a 4" pvc liner down my well before I put the pump in.  So I drilled/perforated several 20' lengths of pvc for the bottom section (320' well).  It was raining while I was doing this.  I tied a rope around the pipe to support it in the well casing while I glued the next section on.  So now I have 40' of pipe vertical and the water level is about 10' below grade.  As I'm sliding it down through my rope loop, it takes off down the well.  All I can say is DanG!  I'm pondering how this is gonna mess up getting the pump down there along with the rest of the lining when I look down the well.  I see the reflection of the water surface and I keep seeing a circle appear and disappear. What the...  Turns out my pvc pipe was *slightly* buoyant.  I was able to tie a hook on some rope, drop it down the middle of the pipe and snag the bottom end.  After that, I had two ropes on it and lowered it about 1' at a time.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Bruno of NH

Your are an inspiration to all :)
It looks great  8)
Would like to meet you some day
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

fishfighter

Thanks Well, got as far as the power line hooked up, but no meter. They can't install that till I get the final floor elevation done. Those guys supposed to be here sometime this afternoon.                                              Got the elevation done. Now how long it takes to send that in. 8)

Florida boy

I once dropped a full size pair of channel locks down a main feeder conduit. Thought I'd never get it out but did eventually...
Haven't  stopped in on this thread in a while.  The progress looks GREAT! love the floors. Won't be long now.

Magicman

Somebody dropped this monkey wrench and bolt down a knothole in a Cedar tree.

They couldn't get it out

.....but I did.  :-X

realzed

doc henderson

MM you sure are Lucky... a little WD40 and you got a like new monkey wrench and bolt. :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!