iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ouch !!

Started by Magicman, June 05, 2014, 07:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Ouch is the word.  I normally saw during the Summer wearing shorts.

But it will not be happening tomorrow and Saturday.  I knew that the Sun was bearing down today and I knew that it was in the 90's and hot, but I never gave this a thought.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

OMG and than some.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

There's them toes again!  >:(
It always seems to me that the sunburn sneaks up on us. That's gonna be painful for a few days. I did a canoe day trip many years ago wearing shorts. Got my legs sunburned so bad I peeled three times. :o I feel your upcoming pain, Lynn.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Road Runner

Vinegar!  It will help the pain and it will pickle you. 
WM LT40G25, Kubota MX5100, Husqvarna 365 & R460

ellmoe

Quote from: Road Runner on June 05, 2014, 08:52:57 PM

So will whisky!
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

WmFritz

Quote from: ellmoe on June 05, 2014, 10:00:31 PM
Quote from: Road Runner on June 05, 2014, 08:52:57 PM

So will whisky!

;D :D :D

At first glance, I thought you got spray painted!

I feels for you Magicman.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Chuck White

I use sun-block every day unless it is really overcast!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

luvmexfood

For me the worse part of sunburn (usually) is when it starts to heal and the itching starts in. Experiencing that now with my back. Always in the place you can't reach.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

SawyerBrown

I've heard of a "farmer's tan", I guess MM just defined a "sawyer's tan". Or burn, in this case ... ::)
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Peter Drouin

Now you look like the crodads you eat, just put some Cajun stuff on it and you'll be find :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

yep that there is bonified,   three days or so, the you will be ready for the 100's  ;D it's coming, sunscreen is a good option.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Red Good

Aloe vera is your friend,  being a redhead I use it lots in the summer . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

beenthere

Red
In what form do you use it?

I am aware that some people grow the aloe vera plant and crush the thick leaves for the juice, and know there are numerous products on the market with aloe vera on the label. 

Just wondering what you use. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

blackfoot griz

Red,
We have an Aloe Vera plant. If we get any kind of burn or bug bite, we cut a small chunk off the plant and rub it on the affected area.  The stuff is amazing. A little chunk of the plant goes a long ways.  I would recommend having the actual plant around for such uses.

MM- were you going for the faded Woodmizer orange look?

Magicman

Oh no, that would make me Salmon  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Just buy the cheap aloe vera gel with lidocaine.

Aloe is a weed around here.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Red Good

I havent had the plants in a while but really like the pure aloe vera mist by solarcaine . With welding lots I need something that works good . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Thank You Sponsors!