iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

want a mill or processor? Check out Sawmill & Woodlot...

Started by shinnlinger, November 01, 2009, 09:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

HI,

Just getting around to the Oct/Nov issue of Sawmill and Woodlot management and it has a nice breakdown of the "Great portable sawmill shootout" and "Great firewood processing equipment competition"  It has a nice breakdown of a wide variety of mills and processors and how they fared in the competition.  I would think it would be a very handy way for someone to compare different brands and style of mill.  Swing blades and a chainsaw mills are there with  most brands of bandmill.

www.sawmillmag.com
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Captain

woodmills1

that "special" issue is a good one.  check out the performance of the little hakki firewood processor.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

solidwoods

I've subscribed to them for yrs. its a good mag. for people that do what the Forestry Forum people do (except for that 2 page article on what a *board foot is).
jim

*It's 144 cubic inches of wood. end of story.

Ret. US Army
Kasco II B Band mill
Woodworking since 83
I mill & kiln dry lumber, build custom furniture, artworks, flooring, etc.
If you mill, you'll be interested in some of my work in one way or another.
We ship from our showroom.
N. Central TN.

stonebroke

John S

My daughter found two pictures with me in the background.  Her vision is a lot better then mine cause I didn't notice (me).  Looking forward to going back in 2011.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

sgschwend

Just added a subscription to the magazine.

It took me 3 hours just to read the shootout article; that was worth the cost right there. 

An east coast affair I suppose?  Can someone tell what yellow popular is like?

I thought the swing mills would have won the competition.  I would like to see the same competition as a one person operation, that is the way many of use operate.

Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Thank You Sponsors!