iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Milling for myself

Started by bandmiller2, June 14, 2012, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Its been a long time since I've milled for one of my own projects.Building a combo tool shed, generator house.Hooked a 10kw generator head to a Lister diesel for standby power.Cut some 20" wide braging pine boards for board and DanG few battens. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

slider

al glenn

Woodchuck53

Sometimes we have to do a few things for our self. I have worked the last three or four months for me. This is getting some stuff caught up around here. A lot more to go though.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

bugdust

Just when I thought I had the extra time to finish my shed my son mentioned he would like to begin his shooting house back on the ridge, and my church needs an outbuilding replaced. So, guess who was priority? Nope, not the son but my church. Sometimes "a man has to do what a man has to do."   teeter_totter
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Tripp

Frank,
Would love to see some pics of the shed and the Lister gen set. A lister or a lister clone is on my wish list.
Gotta love those low speed flywheel motors.

Tripp

barbender

Frank is on the list of "People Who Most Need To Post Pics" ;D
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Congrats on the "self" project Frank.  It's just hard for us "retired" folks to find the time for ourselves.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

Tripper,best if you can find a real british lister,the listeroid indian copies are but a crude shadow of the origionals workmanship.Keep your eyes pealed for darilict Reed screenall screening plants, many had air cooled Listers.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!