iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

help wanted on beam sizes

Started by JD350Cmark, November 11, 2008, 09:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD350Cmark

Hi -  been a busy summer for me and now that the weather is turning I've got some time to dream up some more ideas for building.

I have a few projects in mind and want to start cutting the material, but need a little help in figuring out beam sizes.  Is there a good sorce on line for this?

One span is for a carport and is 25'.  Part of the carport is exsisting and am going to ad on to it.  I have a height issue and need the beem to be as small as possible.  I'm thinking I might just use a glue-lam or para-lam since I don't have any logs that long right now.  Hate to spend the money though..    Any thoughts?

-Mark
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

pineywoods

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on the little red tool box icon. All sorts of goodies in there...Just one more great benefit of the forestry forum..We used the beam calculator to size the beams for a bridge..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

JD350Cmark

Thanks!  Thats what I was looking for and just didn't see it.
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

Thank You Sponsors!