iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A question for chain saw dealers

Started by edwin dirnbeck, February 27, 2018, 10:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwin dirnbeck

Good morning to all. I have invented and perfected an atachment for MY chain saw.It is NOT universal.It needs to be designed for a specific model saw. Would any dealer please tell what is the most popular saw model being sold now.I realize this forum is mostly read by guys earning their living using chain saws and might scoof at a cheaper saw.  I intend to market my attachment myself and want to design the first one for the top selling saw so I can get started .I am in contact with a patent lawyer. I don't know if I can patent this..As soon as I decide if I can or cant patent this ,I will post a picture. In the mean time ,I will start developing for a popular saw. I really would be thankful for any replies. Thank you Edwin Dirnbeck

sawguy21

Is your target market consumer or professional?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

edwin dirnbeck

Quote from: sawguy21 on February 27, 2018, 11:50:55 AM
Is your target market consumer or professional?
Either one would be great,but I assume a medium price consumer saw would be the biggest selling single model.I don't think that there is a forum for consumer chain saws .Thank you in advance.I am not looking for hard numbers,just an informed guess .Edwin Dirnbeck

DelawhereJoe

I think I remember reading that Husqvarna's 455 rancher is their most popular/ highest selling saw. I don't know about Stihl or Echo. It will also depend on what your attachment does and how much hp or torque it can take for a given time without fatigue/failure of its parts.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

edwin dirnbeck

Quote from: DelawhereJoe on February 27, 2018, 05:18:31 PM
I think I remember reading that Husqvarna's 455 rancher is their most popular/ highest selling saw. I don't know about Stihl or Echo. It will also depend on what your attachment does and how much hp or torque it can take for a given time without fatigue/failure of its parts.
Thank you very much.I know that I might seem like the nutty inventer,but I have been using this devise and it works very well and is bullet  proof. I am a 76 year semi retired tool and die maker.I have a you tube channel   ed631941 that has some of my projects .Of interest to some of the chainsaw people,might be Cheap and easy electric power steering for a tractor.  Edwin Dirnbeck

Woodcutter_Mo

In the pro market, the stihl ms261c is a popular saw on the market at the moment. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

DelawhereJoe

Without knowing what your product does or could do, it is hard to recommend a saw to use on. Most consumer saws use a plastic housing where as the pro saws use magnesium housing making them stronger and more durable. There are other attachments out there that bolt up to the bar studs things the capstan wenches and the log wizard. Things like the wench needs more hp larger cc saws to run effectively.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Kwill

Quote from: edwin dirnbeck on February 27, 2018, 10:18:09 PM
Quote from: DelawhereJoe on February 27, 2018, 05:18:31 PM
.Of interest to some of the chainsaw people,might be Cheap and easy electric power steering for a tractor.  Edwin Dirnbeck
I could use one of those
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

celliott

Just a guess on the most sold saws, husky, 455 rancher, maybe a 450, Stihl likely the MS250\251 and MS290/291, they are mid range, consumer grade saws. If we knew what the attachment was, or was to be used for, we could likely recommend if it would be better marketed towards professionals or consumers, but I understand if you're reluctant to reveal such information before said device is patented\on the market.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

edwin dirnbeck

Quote from: celliott on February 28, 2018, 05:55:59 PM
Just a guess on the most sold saws, husky, 455 rancher, maybe a 450, Stihl likely the MS250\251 and MS290/291, they are mid range, consumer grade saws. If we knew what the attachment was, or was to be used for, we could likely recommend if it would be better marketed towards professionals or consumers, but I understand if you're reluctant to reveal such information before said device is patented\on the market.
Thank you,for your reply.Edwin dirnbeck

losttheplot

make sure it will fit on a saw with a full wrap and big dogs if your gonna sell it on the west coast.    :) :) :) :)
DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK !

edwin dirnbeck

Quote from: losttheplot on February 28, 2018, 10:39:52 PM
make sure it will fit on a saw with a full wrap and big dogs if your gonna sell it on the west coast.    :) :) :) :)
Thank you,   As I said I am not in the business.Could you explain?Thank you .Edwin Dirnbeck

starmac

I don't know, but if you are just interested on the saw that sells the most, it may well be the poulan wild thing.
I would think it would depend on what use your invention is targeted at, pro loggers, most popular saw will be nothing like the most popular homeowners saw, which would be much different than the homeowners occasional saw, not to mention the regional difference thing, that changes preferences a lot.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

sawguy21

Quote from: DelawhereJoe on February 28, 2018, 02:24:35 PM
Without knowing what your product does or could do, it is hard to recommend a saw to use on. Most consumer saws use a plastic housing where as the pro saws use magnesium housing making them stronger and more durable. There are other attachments out there that bolt up to the bar studs things the capstan wenches and the log wizard. Things like the wench needs more hp larger cc saws to run effectively.
I was going to make a smart aleck comment here regarding wenches but refrained. I think you meant winch but maybe not. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!