iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My best day so far

Started by petefrom bearswamp, March 29, 2010, 04:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Sawed 652 bd ft in 3-1/2 hrs alone today.
Norway Spruce.
Used a WM 7 degree .055 1-1/4"
You can really feed this blade fast.
Still wanders some but the stuff is dry as a bone inside.
Big logs for Norway from 18" to 22".
Pete

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

Hey Pete; Sounds like you are getting familiar with that new Super and all of those 51 horses!  ;D

I know that Spruce can be a hard item to cut.  Sounds like you found the right blade for it and your mill.   ;)

I still use the 10° blades, exclusively.  Works for me.  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fishpharmer

Way to go Pete.   8)

You know having a super hydraulic is cheating ;) :D 8) 8)

Wish I could cheat like that.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ladylake

Good job, if you have a setter try running more set in that dried out wood.     Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Chuck White

Hey Steve, congratulations on your 1,000th post.  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ladylake

Thanks Chuck, not bad for a 1 finger typer and even then I can't hit the right key.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!