iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree id again

Started by Busysawyer, June 13, 2018, 06:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busysawyer

What is this one? Cant get a really good pic of the leaves because they are so far up . It was late to leaf out this spring like the walnut.  

The leaves are very small, smaller than any other tree I see around here 
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

Busysawyer

No one even cares to take a guess?  I don't blame ya , not much to go on here. I guess I'll have to cut her down so I can get some better pics of the leaves.

WV Sawmiller

From the bark I wonder about Basswood. But it would not have small leaves unless we each define a small leaf differently.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Busysawyer

These are what I would consider tiny leaves. Pointed oval shaped maybe 1/2in wide by an inch long. Tree service neighbor who hasn't had a very good track record iding trees for me thinks maybe dogwood

Southside

If you mean flowering dogwood then it has to be the world record at that size. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Dogwood leaves are certainly bigger than that and the biggest one I ever saw was about 12" in diameter. Basswood leaves would be lots bigger than that too so should not be basswood.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mike_belben

Mesh bark and tiny leaves makes me think ash but ive seen very few.
Praise The Lord

bluthum

Certainly not basswood or dogwood. Why not take a shotgun and blastoff a small limb? 

Texas Ranger

Pinnate compound leaves, me thinks ash.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!