iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to Forestry Forum and living off-grid on timberland in Orgeon

Started by schweizer, December 23, 2011, 03:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

Very interesting!! We are currently off grid at my sugarhouse (I make maple syrup). We have at this point 3240 watts of solar, with a 6000 watt diesel generator as backup. We however are in the process of grid tying and adding more panels. We will maintain battery backup. We are just getting quotes to double our array wattage. I installed my own so far but to go net metering I'm being required to use a approved/certified solar installer.
I really enjoy seeing and reading about those who use solar, especially off grid, but we decided we could not pass up the net metering and the various incentives available with grid tie. I met yesterday with a planner from our local utility to get power run into the sugarhouse, a distance of 425' from the power lines. Going 250' overhead primary and then 175' underground secondary.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

justallan1

Buck

He hasnt been signed on in nearly a year...Hope he come back with updates.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

justallan1

jackfork

Very impressive. I was wondering if you thought the masonry stove kit was worth the price? I had some interest until I saw the price. Now not so sure.
540 acres of which appox. 300 is wooded, 10 acres of water, and rest open pasture.
Timberwolf TW-5, Stihl 180, 270, 660, Echo CS-680

red

This build included a masonry heater, you have to see it on his web site.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!