iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

snowmobile weekend at high camp

Started by Nailhead, January 22, 2008, 09:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailhead

Went snowmobiling last weekend. Thought the guys from the ATV weekend might recognize a  few of the photos.  The photos are in my album.  Had trouble trying to put them in the post. Maybe Jeff can fix that?
NH
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

Burlkraft

Yeah Pat...There's that one where yer goin' through the woods. I remember that spot  :D  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

Looks great...lost some of the color tho... ;D

Looks like alotta fun...see a couple three familiar spots, besides the one that burlkraft picked out.  8)

now, can ya make da pics bigger so we can see them and the characters in the pics??  :)   ...allowed about twice that size.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

Didn't Pigman have a flat at a couple of those places ???

pigman

You would have to remind me didn't you Furby. :(   
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Corley5

This looks familiar  :) 8)

Did pigman have a flat here  ???  ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Furby

Sorry Bob, but I really enjoyed your flats..... they gave me some time to look around. :)
They were one of the more memorable parts of the trip for me.
I don't mean that in a bad way either. :)

pigman

Thanks Greg, that is the one spot that I didn't have a flat. 8) 8)
Furby, don't be sorry.  You still don't know when I am just having fun with you. ;) ;D  It it wasn't for the river crossing and all the flats, it would have been a run of the mill ATV trip to  the beautiful Huron mountains with a bunch of good friends. ;)

Furby

Yup, without break downs and other "things", it wouldn't be nearly as memorable for me. :)
With most of my trips over the years, it's those type of things that stand out and I remember the most.
Both good things and bad. :)

Stump Jumper

Now I'm starting to think those flats were planed  :-X

thanks for the pics Nailhead I was hoping for a winter time Forestry Forum tour  8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Stump Jumper

Quote from: Stump Jumper on January 24, 2008, 08:15:36 AM
I was hoping for a winter time Forestry Forum tour  8)

I just noticed I misspoke myself I meant to say a winter time Forestry Forum picture tour.  :-[
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Mooseherder

That is one special place up there.
I was happy to be part of Pigmans Pit Crew. :)
Got to be air filler, Jack man, Oil catcher, plank setter and water waster. :D

pigman

Thanks Mooseherder, whithout all of my pit crew I think I would still be up there somewhere stuck in the woods.  I got to thinking today. :o Snowmobiles do not have tires to go flat. 8)  Maybe I need to get myself a snowmobile  and go back to the UP in the winter. 8) No, that wouldn't work, I don't like the cold and I think that cold is needed to make snow for the snowmobile.

Faron

How many miles a day did you guys cover  on that UP trip?  What kind of gas mileage did you get?  I have an Arctic Cat 500 that I use on the farm.  It only gets about 7 MPG.  I would have to have a gas truck follow me around.  Of course I am usually in low range and 4WD, which will increase gas consumption.  Also I have tractor lug type tires on it.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

pigman

Faron, I don't know anything about gas mileage, but I got about 5 miles per flat tire. ::) ;D I think I remember someone saying we covered 220 miles in the three days, so that means I had 44 flats. :-[ :D

Thank You Sponsors!