iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

Heat advisory,  and it's stupid humid and pretty still out. Tough day for cattle around here,  90% chance of thunderstorms this evening rain woould be welcome. Sounds better in Kansas.

doc henderson

it is still a bit humid after the rain,  current 99°  40%, but down to 69 tonight.  real feel 103 but a slight breeze.  two earthquakes in the past week.  4.2 in south hutch 2 miles away for the epicenter.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Nebraska

So the earth moved under your feet.... any damage?

doc henderson

it was close enough it did not shake buildings, it felt like a single blow.  in fact i was eating breakfast at an old firehouse turned diner, and we went outside to see if a truck had hit the building.  it is a solid brick building.  i was hoping my wife would give me a little credit, but I was not even home so i got no joy from making the earth move for my wife! :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Well I bought some milk yesterday,with a date of Sept 6. What happened to summer? :'(  :'(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

nice base line Danny, was that you ? ;) :) .  @WDH

doc henderson

A Pediatrician in town had a patient hit by a chandelier that fell from the ceiling.  after tornado's we find earthquakes kinda cute.

WDH

Me and Carole could just never get together :).  Your comments about the earth moving flashed me back. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

chevytaHOE5674

Patchy frost last night. None right here but the new farm a little further inland had light frost. I guess summers offically over.

SwampDonkey

That's early for frost. But then again, just 30 minutes from here in Cloverdale, my grandfather said they had frost 12 months a year. I know they couldn't grow apple trees or corn over there. He moved here to Royalton about a 100 years ago, much better spot to grow stuff. Better ground to on these ridges. My grandfather was born in the late 1800's. :)

Low 70's today, was 60F before daylight, but the NW came in and blew all the sticky air away.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Could be frost again tonight with temps down into the 30s. Never got over 62° today with clouds and wind it was a flannel kind of day.

SwampDonkey

Around 58F here this morning, starry skies and light NW wind.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Cooled down a lot today. 68 and cloudy with a breeze blowing... feeling great but I know there's still plenty of heat left in the year...

doc henderson

in my mention of the 4.2 earthquake centered 2 miles from my home, i failed to mention, that for fun I ordered grits as a side.  Out of respect for my southern brothers and to see what is was all about.  put butter on and had a few bites... 4.2 earthquake hits.  just sayin..!!! :)  was having breakfast at the firehouse diner.

SwampDonkey

Reached 74F here this afternoon, sunny.

SwampDonkey

WDH

Doc,

I told you that they were good ;D. 

thecfarm

Nothing like that happened when I tried them things.
Was kinda cool this morning,than warmed up,back to kinda cool again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

52F this morning and clear skies. Dry cool air. Looks like 70's for today to. 75F upstairs in the studio space. :)

lxskllr

Last couple days have been a break, with temps not hitting the 80s. I'll probably make the grass shorter today. I *hate* doing stupid stuff on weekends, but with the ridiculous temps, being sick, and back problems, The grass has gotten kinda long. It /could/ wait til tomorrow, but I'm thinking I'll use that time after work to get my Alaskan setup tweaked. I might actually be able to get a saw in wood in the next couple weeks \o/

SwampDonkey

Turned cooler here, was 46F this morning, 65F here at noon. I doubt we see 70 unless it is around 4:00 pm.

Been watching for northern lights here for two nights. Had lots of bright stars, no sign of anything. From what I saw on the map of it, it was more of a blind spot here in the NE. Could be seen more out west and Alaska and Russia.

lxskllr

I've never seen the northern lights. One time years ago they were supposed to be possibly visible down this way, so I walked out to the water and saw... Lots of light pollution  :^S  Might have seen something if not for that. Where I'm at now, I have a car dealer ~1,000' away. I'm lucky to see any stars with their megawatts of lighting going. When it's snowing in the winter, I can comfortably read in the house without lights from their lights reflecting in the snow. I wouldn't be heartbroken if their whole complex burned down.

chevytaHOE5674

Been very strong northern lights the last 3 or 4 nights UP here. Days have been cool here, leaves are changing and it feels like fall. 

SwampDonkey

Cold rain here, 58F and it was 52F at 5:00 am, so big change. I turned on the electric furnace tonight since it was 68 in the house, but I keep the thermostat on 70F. Takes the dampness off. ;D

Last night was overcast, so no sky viewing weather.

Thank You Sponsors!