iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not the best way to fell a tree

Started by Southside, May 16, 2014, 10:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

This was taken in Shakopee, MN, points for creative and brave.  Not sure how it all ended though.   

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Offthebeatenpath

A picture can be worth 1000 lives... Where'd you find that photo Southside?  Any chance I could get a copy or a link to where you found it?
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Jeff

Quote from: Offthebeatenpath on May 16, 2014, 12:30:29 PM
A picture can be worth 1000 lives... Where'd you find that photo Southside?  Any chance I could get a copy or a link to where you found it?

How about here for one place... ;)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,75145.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

shinnlinger

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

beenthere

As figured out in the other thread, it didn't happen that way. ;)  A photoshop job, and one source indicated it was in CA and the man on the top ladder was 84 yr old.
But makes for an interesting discussion.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southside

Well not sure what to think.  My wife works in the safety and health field and was sent it today by a coworker who claims he was there.  May need to ask a few more questions of the kind chap.  I had not seen the earlier post.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

beenthere

;D
And that is how rumors get started, and the internet keeps them going, and growing. ;)

Easy to Google the pic and see it has been around for some time now.  With many additional comments about where it originated tossed in. I saw it before it was posted here on the forum, but it wasn't mine so I didn't post it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SliverPicker

Not California.  Looks like white birches in the back ground.
Yooper by trade.

Bandmill Bandit

Do we nominate him for a Darwin award now or wait till we se the obituary in the paper?

Course if he has already reproduced he wouldn't qualify anyway. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

WmFritz

I'm not so sure that this photo is not a copycat.
I thought I saw subtle differences from the other picture. Monkey see... monkey doo?  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Firewoodjoe

Takes all kinds whatever the true story is behind it. But I could believe it. Heck look at how Uncle Sam does things. And there suppose to know more then us!

clearcut

Looks like the next season of Ax Men is filming.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

coxy

Quote from: clearcut on May 16, 2014, 11:22:56 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jeff

I took that photo into photoshop and blew it up to look at different aspects of it, and I gotta say, if it is a photoshop photo, it is pretty masterful work.  There are a lot of wires in that picture that go past that ladder and I can't find any evidence of misalignment via cloning or any other mistakes. If its fake, its really really good.

WmFritz

I'm by far no expert, I don't even know how to photo shop, but to my eye the ladder in the skid steer bucket looks real. It's the upper ladder that looks off to me. The top ladder looks to have a slight twist to it and I cant see any way the feet could sit on the taper of the sawn limb.

It hardly looks safe if it was sitting on solid ground.   :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Jeff

Actually the twist in the ladder at the top made me think even stronger that it could possibly be real. I would suspect it would have been secured at the bottom somehow so it could not move. This would cause the ladder to twist when weight would shift at the opposite end. By where the guy is standing, the flex in the ladder would appear to be in the right direction. I don't think that a photoshopper would have thought to put twist in a ladder, and why would they?

sandhills

Well it doesn't matter even if it is real, he has enough power lines to break his fall, he shouldn't get hurt.  ::)

GuyInHuntsville

Quote from: clearcut on May 16, 2014, 11:22:56 PM

That was funny!! :D :D :D

Interesting photo...It looks real to me. There are people out there crazy enough to do something like this. :o

Holmes

Okay  how do you stand the second ladder up and then climb it when it's not secure? ???
What is the second skid steer on the ground doing? Waiting to catch whatever falls? Or trying to save the shed?
Cool picture. He's about 35' higher than I would go :)
Think like a farmer.

Bandmill Bandit

There is a problem with the second bobcat. The loader frame is definitely bobcat but there is no bobcat attached to that frame. There is what looks like green paint and possibly the front tip of a john deer tractor hood in there. Hard to tell.

Never seen a bobcat loader with out it bob cat nor have I ever seen john deer tractor under a bobcat loader.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Dave Shepard

i can see the cab of the second skid loader. It looks to be complete.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Firewoodjoe

I see a man with a green high vise coat and white hat reaching out like he's cutting up that limb

Tim L

I can't tell you who it is on that ladder but I can dang sure tell you who it isn't !
Do the best you can and don't look back

Thank You Sponsors!