iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood Owners, Customer Service Thoughts???

Started by fluidp, April 21, 2018, 12:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluidp

I have a New LM29 with the 16 hp, three bed extensions, and bought the blade tooth setter and standard sharpener. Mill went together good, and cuts good, I cut aprox 1000 bf of FIr, Very happy,  Now im in the middle of doing some blade sharpening.. I have some concerns with their standard sharpener.
I have now compiled a list of small things with the mill, im not overly happy about and the issues with my sharpener.
I have been playing email and phone tag, (Mainly one sided) with norwood all week.  Now I seem to have developed another dislike,  Their customer service......
Is it just me, or do retailers these days bend over backwards for you, Till you hand over the $$, and then they don't give a crap???    
Im just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with these people after a major purchase???  Thanks for listening.....

homesteader shane

ten years ago the survice was great. I dont like it now

fluidp

Ljohnsaw

I think he meant SERVICE not survive ;D

If you are not getting satisfaction from your local dealer, take it up the chain to the territory manager or all the way to corporate.  Did you get any training on a machine before you took delivery (like Woodmizer)?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

aardquark

I need an idler pulley, and can't seem to get to norwood websites today. Tried norwoodsawmills.com and norwoodindustries.com, both are redirected to something that looks bogus. Anyone else having same problem?

Roxie

You are correct that at this moment, the Norwood website has a problem.  My browser blocked it when I tried to go through the sponsor links on the forum, and when I tried directly from the browser. 

We might need to be patient and give them some time.  That really is a website's worse nightmare. 

Say when

fluidp

Quote from: ljohnsaw on April 21, 2018, 01:58:27 PM
I think he meant SERVICE not survive ;D

If you are not getting satisfaction from your local dealer, take it up the chain to the territory manager or all the way to corporate.  Did you get any training on a machine before you took delivery (like Woodmizer)?
Im in BC and my Local dealer is in Ontario..LOL
Ya I might have to take it up the ladder, Just (edited by admin) that I have to do that, just to get returned emails and or call backs.  One would think that they should just want to get me off there backs and up and running...  Like keep a customer happy kinda thing

hamish

Yes there customer service and knowledge is lacking big time in the past few years.
I love my Norwood but cringe with the thought of ever calling for anything.
Sabertooth=Kasco Woodmaxx, but they will lie to your face about it, terrible in my opinion, I bought my Norwood for the build quality and the customer service at the time.

Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

mroldstyle

I haven't bought yet, but the Norwoods LM36 was my top pick, but I cant even get them to send me a brochure and DVD, been waiting over 4 weeks now. I also purchased their sawmill book on 4/7, got an immediate reply that they received my order and it would be shipped USPS and I would have it in 2-5 days, still waiting :-[. Last email I got from them (4/17) she said it hadn't even shipped yet.  Timber King, WoodMizer, Hudson got brochures and DVD from them all within 5 days of request. Cooks sent DVD and an email apologizing that they were out of brochures but would send one asap.
No longer considering Norwood.

Mike@Norwood

Hi guys

Mroldstyle - can you please send me a PM and I will overnight your products out today so that you have them tomorrow...and I will certainly look into what caused the delays. We typically process catalog requests within a day, or two at most. So something definitely went astray and I apologize for that. So if you could send me a PM I'd appreciate it. 

As to our having issues with our website, thank you to all who've pointed that out. I will forward that information to our I.T. department.

Please know that if anyone ever has any issues whatsoever, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I will get to the bottom of the issue immediately.
I can assure you that if you've had issues with our customer service department that that's not the norm. We take pride is making sure that each and every one of our customers are completely satisfied. If we're not meeting your standards then that means we have some work to do, and I can promise you that we won't shy away from that. Again, please reach out to me so I'm aware. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Mike at Norwood

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You're a good guy Mike and thank you for supporting the Forestry forum.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

chet

As a happy Norwood owner myself, thanks Mike.  smiley_thumbsup
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Weekend_Sawyer

My Norwood does everything I expect it to.
I have never had to call customer service.
I bought it new in 2002!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

Thank you Mike. You found out about this before I did this time as I was out of touch from my trip out to Connecticut for the Logrite open house. I know that Norwood cares for its customers big time so I knew also some how some things must have fallen through the cracks and you would be on it!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ladylake

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on April 23, 2018, 01:37:17 PM
My Norwood does everything I expect it to.
I have never had to call customer service.
I bought it new in 2002!

Jon
That the best kind of service, not needed.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Nomad

I sold my LM2000 some years ago and moved up to an LT50.  That Norwood was a great mill and did everything I'd ask a manual mill to do.  I never had problem  one with Norwood's service.  That was some time ago.  But it seems like Mike is stepping up to take care of any problems that are there, and you can't ask for more than that.  Good Show, Mike!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

fluidp

Quote from: Mike@Norwood on April 23, 2018, 11:51:48 AM
Hi guys

Mroldstyle - can you please send me a PM and I will overnight your products out today so that you have them tomorrow...and I will certainly look into what caused the delays. We typically process catalog requests within a day, or two at most. So something definitely went astray and I apologize for that. So if you could send me a PM I'd appreciate it.

As to our having issues with our website, thank you to all who've pointed that out. I will forward that information to our I.T. department.

Please know that if anyone ever has any issues whatsoever, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I will get to the bottom of the issue immediately.
I can assure you that if you've had issues with our customer service department that that's not the norm. We take pride is making sure that each and every one of our customers are completely satisfied. If we're not meeting your standards then that means we have some work to do, and I can promise you that we won't shy away from that. Again, please reach out to me so I'm aware. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Mike at Norwood

Thanks for chiming in Mike,

My mill is just a month old and it cuts fine.  There are a couple issues with it, but I am now talking to a different person regarding the issues. I am also having issues with the standard sharpener and have requested info and specs on the one I purchased and the pro sharpener. I have not received either.  I was considering buying the better sharpener, but I will have to make due with the standard one.  If you are interested in more details, perhaps you can PM me or email me,
I DO like the Norwood product, so please don't take my comments the wrong way...

Mike@Norwood

Quote from: fluidp on April 21, 2018, 12:09:37 PM
I have a New LM29 with the 16 hp, three bed extensions, and bought the blade tooth setter and standard sharpener. Mill went together good, and cuts good, I cut aprox 1000 bf of FIr, Very happy,  Now im in the middle of doing some blade sharpening.. I have some concerns with their standard sharpener.
I have now compiled a list of small things with the mill, im not overly happy about and the issues with my sharpener.
I have been playing email and phone tag, (Mainly one sided) with norwood all week.  Now I seem to have developed another dislike,  Their customer service......
Is it just me, or do retailers these days bend over backwards for you, Till you hand over the $$, and then they don't give a crap???    
Im just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with these people after a major purchase???  Thanks for listening.....
Fluidp
Please send me a PM with any of your concerns and I'll be certain to address those concerns immediately. Thank you
Regards,
Mike at Norwood 

slider

al glenn

SawyerTed

Everybody has customer service shortcomings from time to time.  It is how one responds at those times.  Mike and Norwood are responding in a positive way in the light of a shortcoming.    

Everyone knows the best case scenario would be that these issues never get to the point of being aired in a forum.  Once they do, however, it's best to deal head on with them.

Kudos to Norwood and Mike for stepping up.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

fluidp

My concerns were dealt with today.  I appreciate that Mike from Norwood stepped up to help out, and I will be contacting him. But I bought my mill off of the people at Norwood Canada, not Mike.   they dropped the ball on the customer service. I know that the backing is there and the product is good, but when I call, and they give me the excuse that they are "So Busy"...  Im sorry, but I don't really care that they are "So Busy". I have a problem, and I don't get returned emails, or returned phone calls....... I Gave them over $9000, and they don't have the time, because they are "SO BUSY"  I better just stop now and go mill some wood   haha

Jeff

Yea, I would suggest that.

Thanks again Mike and Norwood.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dboyt

Like they say, if you want something done, ask a busy person to do it.  Mike is one of the busiest, hard-working people I know.  Somehow, he always has time to do just a little more!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Mike@Norwood

Fluidp

It does not matter to me where you purchased your mill. What does matter is that you chose to join the Norwood family. We appreciate your business. Always feel free to reach out to me and I'll be sure to help you out. (I also appreciate that you chose to go cut some wood  ;))

You can send me a PM here or shoot me an email to:
USA@norwoodsawmills.com

Have a great day

Mike 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!