iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ever had to

Started by Fla._Deadheader, May 14, 2003, 06:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

cut the cheese so bad, that you puckered up and clamped the appropriate area, so that there was NO way for this to happen??
  Well, we had a DanG Pine log do that today!! We cut the slab, 1 flitch and a 3½' X 12" chunk off the top. Turned it 90° and took off 1 slab and 3 flitches. Turned it 180° and took it down to 10½. Then all we needed to do was make 2 cuts at 3½ each. Right??. NO WAY, JOSE !!!!  The blade would dive at dead slow speed. Put on a sharp blade. It helped, some. Finally got it whittled down to 2--1¼" chunks and 2 wavy 3¾" X 12" chunks. Told the guy to take 'em down to size with the planer before he nailed 'em up.  I may have to move North and start cuttin that easier to saw Oak and Hikkery.!! :o ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

You musta got into a stand of Sphincter Pine, huh? :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kevin_H.

Wavy Pine.... :o

That stinks... ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fla._Deadheader

Guess so. Everything else sawed well. Just this one Joker??
  Sure woulda made some quick footage !! ::) ::) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!