iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats your input on EBAC LD-300 kilns?

Started by GF, July 29, 2009, 09:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF

I was curious what some of the downfalls of the EBAC LD300 kiln systems are?   A local person has a 2007 model for sale that has only dried on load he is asking $2850 for it without any fans.   What has me questioning this is the "one load" and "no fans" which sounds like he doesn't like and purchased another brand to replace it with. I have not contacted him to ask any questions, would like to hear some feedback from FF members first.

Gary

Ironwood

Gary,

The fan is internal in a LD 800 , the LD 3000 has separate fans. Check the nomenclature.

If I where going to spend that kinda change I would buy a NYLE. FYI.

I own one each of LD 800 and LD 3000, and while they have treated me very well, generally NYLE gets a better nod for resale and focus on customer service. I have never had a customer service issue in my years using mine and really never needed much except one contactor. Nyle is a kiln company, Ebac is into all sorts of stuff and hence a little less focused on it's end user.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

oakiemac

I'm glad Reid has had good luck with his Ebac but I'm here to tell you that I HATE Ebac's. I bought a brand new LD3000 and have had nothing but trouble. New compressor, 3 times had to have leaks fixed, whole new coil unit-list goes on. I'd sell it but I wouldnt want to stick the piece of @#$! with on some one else.
I've talked with several other ebac victims and they have had similar problems. the tech support guy for ebac has told me before that what Ive told him is "impossible". Well it is not impossible, these things break at the drop of a feather.

Save your self some serious head aches and buy a Nyle. I have bought two used Nyles and have not had a single problem, but a brand new Eback and it has been nothing but trouble.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Ironwood

Man I cannot figure out why I have not had issues. Both my units were built circa 1996, so perhaps things got worse after that. I'm FEELIN lucky baby.  ::)

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

oakiemac

I talked with Dewey at the pig roast and he just replaced his older model Ebac with a new one. He never had any troubles with the old one until it was just time to replace it after many years. Well, the new one is junk. He returned it to the factory and they said nothing was wrong. I think he is still having issues.
Apparently the quality has went WAY down in the new Ebacs.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

GF

I figured something was wrong when the add mentioned it has only dried one load, I assume he purchased something that was more reliable.

GF

Ironwood

That explains my luck, it was "Grandfathered in"  :D ;D

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!