iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new kiln (pics)

Started by WoodChucker, August 04, 2004, 09:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodChucker

Well it's almost done, (Nyle L-50) still have to paint the outside, right now it just has a coat of primer on it. The Building inside is 9' X 13' X 8'. It's 2X4 construction, walls and ceiling have a little over an R-30 value on the insulation. I used a combination of the blue foam and Super Tuff R. 1/2" CDX plywood inside covered with aluminum roof coating, nasty stuff to work with. I plan on having a kiln cart and rail system built for it, just have to find a good welder. Now all I have to do is load it up and see how it works.  ;D

I want to thank everyone here, you guys were a great help and I know I had to ask a lot of stupid questions, but with your help I think it turned out pretty dang good. But it's not over yet, I'll have more questions when I start using it.  ;D

https://forestryforum.com/images/03_21_04/kiln1.jpg

https://forestryforum.com/images/03_21_04/Control%20Panel.jpg

R.T.

If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

WoodChucker

Well I'm not sure why the first two pics didn't load, but the link seems to work. Sorry about that.

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

rs1626

great looking job there woodchucker  when will you put in your first load?

WoodChucker

Thanks rs1626, it's going to be a couple of weeks, building this thing put me so far behind on other things that I have to get caught up before I can even start using it.  :(

R.T.

Brian_Bailey

Very nice job on your kiln WoodChucker  8)!

You'll find that your kiln will be an investment that will repay itself many times over for ya  ;).

WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

WoodChucker

Thanks Brian, I hope your right because it ended up costing about $2000.00 more then I thought it would.  ;D

R.T.

oakiemac

Nice looking kiln chamber. I hear you on the money. Now that I got my kiln going it needs to pay for itself.
You going to be at the piggy roast Woodchucker?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

WoodChucker

Thanks oakiemac, I've not ruled it out but it's not looking good. We're having our family Reunion the 6th,7th and 8th and I don't think it would set to good if I'm not here. I was hoping to at least stop by to say hi and get to meet everyone, but I have a feeling there just won't be enough hours in the day to get away. But I'll make plans for it next year. :(

R.T.  

Fla._Deadheader

Nice kiln. Wish we could get ours built.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Larry

Looks to me like your kiln is very well thought out with a lot of attention to detail.  Looks professional to me.  I don't think your going to have any problem at all with that first load.  
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

MemphisLogger

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Jeff

I'm calling for a road trip Saturday to crash wood chuckers reunion and see how many Formumites we can get in that thing at once. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WoodChucker

Fla._Deadheader, don't give up, it took a long time before I got my kiln built also.

Larry_Copas, thanks, I did the best I could but I don't know if I'd call it "professional"  ;D

UrbanLogger, shucks..thanks!  ;D

R.T.

WoodChucker

QuoteI'm calling for a road trip Saturday to crash wood chuckers reunion and see how many Formumites we can get in that thing at once. ;)

LOL, I could really get some lumber milled with all that help.Thanks Jeff and don't pass up any road kill on the way, don't want to run out of food.  ;D

R.T.

Kirk_Allen

Jeff,
Im up for the road trip ;D I'll drive.  The suburban is empty this trip........except for Hillbillies surprises,  so lots of room.

Hillbilly, got to get your stuff before the road trip ;)

WV_hillbilly

we can unload it when we first meet up .That way when the raiding party is ready to go all that's left is the roadtrip . Count me in on that roadtrip too .

Nice looking job Woodchucker  . Where did you get the plans ?  It is one of my future projects too . But first I need to buy a mill .  :D 
Hillbilly

WoodChucker

Thanks WV_hillbilly, the plans came from Nyle, I made a few little changes but not many. Glad its done and can't wait to start using it. :)

R.T.

Norm

I'll have to second it looking professional WC, nice job.

WoodChucker

Thanks Norm, appreciate kind words!

R.T.

GF

WoodChucker

Thank You Sponsors!