iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got a new toy, I got a new toy !!!!

Started by Murf, July 21, 2005, 12:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murf

Well, Ok, if ya' wants ta' get technical, I got a new toy hauler, but that's close enough for me.  8)

I used to haul the tractor and stuff around on a 9 ton tri-axle float I have for behind my crane truck, and it works Ok, but it's like using a nuke to kill flys.

There's a couple of widow ladies from the church and what-not that have a little more land than they can keep on top of, so 3 or 4 times a year I go around and cut the 'back 40' for them to keep the jungle down a little. Couple times a year I also drag the tractor up to the lake and kinda massage the 6 miles of private road back into shape.

So the other day I was loading up the tractor to go do my rounds and cut some grass, it was hotter'n heck, the humidity was about 161% and the big float was givin' me grief, and so was my knee goin' up & down doin' up the chains & binders.

Now for some time I've commented to my good lady about the logic (or lack thereof) of using a 4,000 pound tri-axle float to haul around a little tractor, so much to my surprise she told me I should go down the road to the Toy Store (my buddy's equipment dealership) and pick up a new, smaller, float.

So I did just that.

A new 10,000 pound capacity Bri-Mar float!!  8)  18' of southern yellow pine deck just waitin' for a tractor, and barely a full step up off the yard!!

God I love that woman.  :)

I kinda like the trailer too.  :D

Now I need a road trip to try it out. Hey Boss-man, do ya' need the grass cut before the Piggy Roast?  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

moosehunter

I like the "float" and the toy on it, what model is the 'bota?
Have fun!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Murf

Moose, it's a Grand L 4310 HSTC (HSTC = Hydrostat tranny, factory cab).

4 cylinder diesel, 43 hp at the crank, 41 at the PTO.

I got a bunch of them, anybody who knows me from the tractor board knows I'm a real fan of those little machines, my guys work the 'stuff' outta them, you just can't kill them.

Furby

Well da boss does have a "few" stumps that need pullin! ;) ;) ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Never wooda thought a trailer like that wood hold that much Tractor ??   Nice toys ya got there, Murf.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ernie

Great Murf, and here I always thought that the hardest part was convincing the wife that the new toy is an essential ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Murf

FDH, I kinda worked the numbers backwards, the tractor weighs 4,000 pounds, the loader and mower add another 1,000, if I take the box blade instead of the mower, add another 500 pounds, total of 5,500 pounds. Trailer weighs 2,700 pounds. So I needed 5,500 + 2,700 = 8,200 pounds capacity for the bare minimum.

A 10,000 pounder was what gave me enough slack in the capacity, and 18' of deck is just perfect, the tractor and the longest implement I travel with on the tractor, the box blade, makes it 17' 11" from the cutting edge of the bucket, to the rear-facing cutting edge of the blade, and the deck is 18' 2" from the stopper in the front to the face of the ramps. Leaves me 3" to spare.  :D

Besdies, the longer it is the more problem it is to jack-knife it around, and the whole setup is already 45' long bumper to bumper including the trailer. I don't go through drive-throughs.  :D

Ernie, that's normally the case for me also, now I'm kinda waitin' for the other shoe to drop.... She got a new truck this past winter, so I'm trying ta' figger out what she's gonna want now.  ;)

Fla._Deadheader

Guess the numbers says it all ??  Ya figger in S N O W load  :o ;D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

sprucebunny

Congrats on the new toy, Murf 8)

They tow great ;D I got about the same thing by BigTex with a beavertail.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Murf

FDH, not quite, up here we don't figger 'snow load' we leave an allowance for a snow loader.

Yuppers, enough space for the 7' double auger blower back there too.  8) 

And the 3pth chipper, or the grader, or the stump grinder, or the irrigation pump, or the mower. .....

DanG, mebbe I shoulda' got the next size bigger after all. .......  ::)

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!