iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ transfer case question

Started by mf40diesel, November 06, 2016, 09:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf40diesel

In the not too distant past I bought an old 225 TJ. Seems to me I've read that the top shaft in the T-case gets no lube unless the skidder is moving, and to limit the amount idle time with the transfer case in gear. My reverser doesn't have a neutral, but my t-case does; however that leaves the top shaft/winch running.

I feel like these old TJ's mine included have countless hours idling in the woods. Am I reading something wrong, or worrying about nothing?
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

dixmont

That is correct the only  lube it gets is when skidder is moving . So all you have to do is put your main transmission in neutral. Good luck

mf40diesel

Duh!.....  Sometimes the most obvious things miss me. Of course, and I now feel like a complete nimrod!

Thanks
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

coxy

don't be so hard on your self  ;D

mf40diesel

Can't help it. Felt pretty numb. With that said, my main tranny jumps out of first or third, so I've got a bungee cord to hold her up there. (How I inherited it.)

Unfortunately the tranny is pretty low on the list. Steering pins/bushes first. The center, then maybe the tranny. 

thank you

Thank You Sponsors!