iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Neighbors Dog

Started by Mooseherder, April 29, 2010, 08:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

We rescued this dog tonight from the neighbors house across the canal behind us.  We don't know these people.   The Pup was in serious distress crying and yelping.  We could see with binoculars she had what appeared to be rope in her mouth and she was tugging.  This went on for a few minutes and we decided we had to go over there.  My wife called the Sheriff's office and they said they would send someone.  I got my gloves and wire cutters and got in the truck to get there cause I ain't swimming in the canal.   When we approached the dog she was not happy at all and was still tugging.  She had the J Hook of a Bungee Cord that was stuck in between her bottom palate and cheek.
I untied the bungee that was tied to a rope.  She wouldn't let me take the bungee out and started running away.  As she run away she spit it out of her mouth.
The bungee was tied to a rope that was tied to a kids Electric Car.  Looks like she had been pulling the car along until it got stuck on a Tree Stump.  
She had no collar and there wasn't anything to secure her.  The Sheriff thought we should bring her with us until the neighbor gets home.  We left a note on the door to call us about their dog.  That was 2 hours ago.  She is kinda growing on me.

jdtuttle

She looks like a keeper :)
& better off too!
jim
Have a great day

Mooseherder

The lady called and then came by to pick up the dog.
She had 3 kids with her.  smiley_kid  smiley_hairbow smiley_goofy_face 
The dog wanted to stay with us. ::)

Papa1stuff

I can't understand why the dog would want to stay with you,maybe because of the kids? :D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

metalspinner

Did she have anything to say?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Mooseherder

She said she will be bringing the Puppy back to where she got it because they can't handle it.
I mentioned that I'd like to have her. ::)
She excitedly said I could have her.  Told her we would have to think about it.
I feel bad because this is a good dog but it just isn't practical for us right now.
Both my daughter's come over with their dogs. Not sure how that would work out.  We have a little 8 year old Pomeranian that would get run over by this puppy.  Then we have two old Cats that aren't up for it.  We are looking forward to not being tied down in a couple years.
I don't know what to do. :D

timberfaller390

Take the pup. My girlfriend is a vet tech so we have a constant string of strays that she picks up cleans up and finds homes for. I can tell you that if you work on training the pup quiet a bit , you won't have any trouble with the cats or the pom. we have three great danes and she has three yorkies and we don't have any trouble with the big dogs running over the little dogs.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Dan_Shade

take the dog, you know you want it!

that pup will breathe life into the older dog :-)

having pets can tie you down, but it's worth it.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

pigman

Glenn, what is your new dog's name.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

Bob,  My witch said no. :D

Dan_Shade

No is a funny name for a dog, but mine my think that's his name sometimes.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

metalspinner

Quotethat pup will breathe life into the older dog :-)

Yep.  Our new coon hound pup has gotten our 14 year old basset off his butt.  He's playing with her toys and not letting her in on the fun.  She gets mad, too!  That puppy can howl so loud when she's mad. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

ely

wish u was closer, i like that dog alot.

Mooseherder

She is a very good and gentle dog.
I'll hold her for you if you want to come get her. :)

On a funny note. 
My wife picked up a note in our Driveway when she went out to get our mail today.
It was the note I wrote and Put in the Neighbors Door.  The neighbor dropped it on the ground when she picked up her dog last night.
It was a piece of Paper I was writing off the Officer's pad along with his pen.
I guess I had been frazzled by all the excitement.
Here is what my note said. :D

Roxie

Well, now you have to keep her, and call her Dad.  Do you really want such a sweet gal to go back to where she came from?  What did she do wrong? 

It costs very little to board a dog while you are away....   :)
Say when

WH_Conley

Any idea of breed? Looks like of the old time "cur" breeding there. The road trip would be too much,  :(, or I would take her.
Bill

Mooseherder

The owner said Shepard and Lab.
I wasn't convinced of it though.

ohsoloco

Sweet looking pup, but I'll bet she's part pith and vinegar  :D

pesaventoc

my guess would be part boxer, part shepard cross.
EZ Boardwalk Jr., homemade log arch ,1610D Yanmar

Mooseherder

I ended up rushing over there again today because the dog was in distress once more.  :o
Before getting in the truck I ran to an area where I could see her.  She was stuck under a fence gate that is way beyond repair.  The pipe frame is in shambles and rusted thru. ::)
My wife had the truck started when I got to it and drove me there.  This time someone was home and the dog had been brought in.  We parked and waited out front of their house but no one came out so we left.  This dog is gonna kill me. 

scsmith42

Methinks that the good Lord is trying to send you a message about one of his creatures that needs salvation....

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Norm

Patty

Things happen for a reason Moose, and you just as well give in to fate. She is a cute pup, and she certainly needs a friend like you. I tell you what, you keep my fat horse for a few weeks, and that pup will look like a godsend after that!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

ibseeker

Glenn, you and your wife have hearts of gold. Thank God for folks like you.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

jim king

If my wife can have 60 plus dogs and half a dozen cats I think you can handle one more.  The photos are of a couple of them before and after,

Thank You Sponsors!