iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Qudrafire discovery wood stove

Started by Firewoodjoe, August 10, 2019, 02:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Anyone have one. I like what I see but not many reviews and seems they cant shut down. They burn hard all the time?? Thanks

Firewoodjoe

Ok how about any catalytic stove? Can they be controlled? Or do they burn clean and hard all the time?

nativewolf

I would like a qudrafire but a bit pricy, I looked for a used one but ended up with a small Lopi.  Still looking :).

Liking Walnut

Firewoodjoe

Yes the Lopi I've looked at. Other than catalytic concern my second is the fact most stoves aren't very deep. Meaning when u open the door ashes can fall out. The blaze king is all I've found searching the web. What Lopi do u have? Like it?

moresnow

Did you ever find a stove? I can vouch for BK products. Mine works as advertised. There are many other stoves out there that are plenty controllable. Depends on your situation. I went with BK for the long hands off burn times. Curious what you ended up with. 
You won't find me on Spacebook. Haaaaaa!

Stihl 441, 009. And a well used Poulan 5020. My firewood gets used in a BK Scirocco 20 Cat stove

ButchC

None of the currently approved EPA stoves can be controlled in the same manner that pre regulated stoves could, at least the ones I have been around. If one takes away the pazazz and advertising hype from what I can tell the 2 main things that stove manufactures did to bring the stoves into compliance is they limited both the firebox size and how far the intake air can turned down. Catalysts and secondary burn dont work when you have low stack temps from limited intake air. The firebox size has something to do with how long the stove has visable emissions after loading,, so I was told.
We have a Jotel CB Rockland in the kitchen fireplace and while I love the thing this time of year it isn't the best stove I have ever owned operationally speaking. But it can be dealt with by judicious loading, and opening windows😃
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Thank You Sponsors!