iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade Lube.....Diesel????

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 07, 2011, 03:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Read all the threads I found on blade lube I could find.

I just bought an extra lube tank from WM for diesel.

Now I have 1 tank for diesel and one for water / soap /etc. mixture.

My question is : Is it OK to run the diesel through the strainer screen / water filter?

Also when using diesel to saw White Oak, how often do I need to have it spraying on my WM blade?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mikeb1079

i'm also interested in the responses on this.  suffolk machinery recommends spraying both sides of the blade with a diesel/bar oil mixture every few minutes.  i'd rather just have a drip system however.  how does this compare to water for cutting northern hardwoods?
thanks in advance
mb
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Chris Burchfield

I'd check with Woodmizer for the chemical resistance of the lube system.  A lot of o-rings are made of EPDM which would have a sever effect when exposed to diesel.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

pyrocasto

I use the felt method and drip about 10-20 drips per minute and that is way more than enough. I havent gone through 3-4 gallons of lube in 4+mbt and a few times the lube was left on to drip all night.  :-[ :-X

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I think I can make a drip system coming from the new tank I just got.

How do I install the felt to the blade?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Kansas

We use diesel when we need it right through the Woodmizer system. Never had any trouble so far after a number of years. I have never seen evidence of any damage. However, we use ours at least 5 and sometimes 6 or 7 days a week. At that rate, normal wear and tear will claim a part long before any possible problem by using diesel.

bandmiller2

The easiest to use and best system to lube bands is a wick.I use the 3/4"round wicks like they used in the old road pots.Welded ends on a 5" section of 2x2" square tube,drilled a hole on top at one end for the wick.on the endcap the wick passes through a piece of pipe with set screw to adjust legnth. The outher end of the 2x2 tube is hinged and can be fliped up verticle when not in use.Drilled and tapped for a 3/8 pipe plug on top to fill.Made two of these lubbers one on top for outside the outher inside to get boath sides of the band.They mechanically wipe the band and leave a slight sheen of oil/diesel mix.Never seen it drip never rusty bands has never harmed my wheel "V" belts.Please don't wine for pictures. Frank C. Think of the wick as a self starting syphen,when not in use I flip the luber verticle with no loss of lube.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!