iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OK, Next Problem after surgery.

Started by Qweaver, October 15, 2011, 07:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

After my heart surgery last week I noticed that I was having to pee more often.  This was not a problem in the hospital because I always had a urinal close by and they were giving me meds to increase my water output.  I just assumed that the problem would go away after I left the hospital because I did not have the problem before the surgery.  I will go see my family doctor Monday and see if he has a fix.  I hope he does because it a real problem going as often as I am.  I am not incontinent but I just get the urge every hour or less.  I'm not sleeeping well anyway but this makes it worse.  I slept for two 3 hours sessions last night without getting wet but the urge becomes a problem while I'm trying to go to sleep.

Any wisdom here on this matter?
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

JV

My surgery was two weeks ago and I still frequently have the urge.  I'm not taking any diuretics but I'm not sure the pain meds don't have some effect along with being less active.  Check the labels on your meds and side effects info is online for all.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Qweaver

It's just wonderful what we can do to prolong and improve our lives with modern medicine.  This heart valve has added many years to my life.  But no one said the process was going to be fun. :D
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

doctorb

Sometimes, after use of a urinary catheter, the prostate remains swollen, and signs of an enlarged prostate can occur.  Most patients with cardiac surgery have a catheter for a day or so.  When the prostate gets big it prevents adequate or complete bladder emptying, hence you fill up again relatively soon and feel the urge to go frequently.  Does your pee stream seem really weak?  Many guys have ongoing borderline prostate issues, which has slowly progressed over time, only to have it burst on the scene like a brand new problem after surgery.  Call your doc, some meds might help.

The only other possibility I can think of here is new onset diabetes.  I think that the docs must have checked your blood after surgery, so I would opine that this is very, very unlikely.  The urinary frequency associated with diabetes is not as severe as you described.

No, the result is good but the short term effects are tough.  Best of luck.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!