iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to forum, an introduction of sorts

Started by campwags, May 13, 2017, 11:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

campwags

Hi everyone!  My name is Gary and I am a proud owner of a Timber King 2000.  I have been a sawyer for about a year now and a lurker of this site much longer than that.  I have done quite a bit of searches of this site and learned much... great, smart folks here.

I have grown to the point where I am now considering the purchase of an edger.  At this point I am a one man show and am tired of handling those flitches so many times and would like to be able  to off load them to an edger to be edged and then stacked.  I have read several post on this but they are some what dated.  The Timber King Talon is more than I would like to spend, so I have been looking at the WM EG50.  Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions, I would appreciate any advice.

Added: I am mostly stationary but do occasionally go mobile.

Photo from TK NY open house 2016
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

paul case

I used an eg50 quite a bit and it worked well. It is a push it through by hand edger and in my opinion a new one is way overpriced. Mine had a 5 hp electric motor and that part worked great. When we used it I had a guy edging all my boards into 3.5'' wide and cutting them off at 4'. With 1 mill running he was waiting most of the time, and could offbear a lot.

I am just about to do a review of a board edger that I recently purchased. I have got to run a load of grade through it so either later today or Monday morning I will know but for now it looks good.

Welcome to the Forum!
Are you mobile or stationary? Why does your pic have 2 mills?
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

paul case

Have you looked here?
https://sawmillexchange.com/view_product/17720/

That is a little more than the new EG50 and you get auto feed. Auto feed is very nice.

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, campwags!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

In two weeks or so I will let you know what I think bought the EG 50 mine is on the truck should be here Friday  8)

Welcome to the Forstery Fforum
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum.
Just to get you going again,Bangor,ME has a wood Expo May 19-20.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kbeitz

Quote from: thecfarm on May 14, 2017, 09:32:21 AM
Welcome to the forum.
Just to get you going again,Bangor,ME has a wood Expo May 19-20.  ;D

That's funny because Banger Pa has one on the same date...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

That is how the flat landers pronouce Bangor. Sould be Ban-gore.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

paul case

Quote from: Bruno of NH on May 13, 2017, 05:44:47 PM
I'm waiting for Pauls review :P

It is up. I know you know since you have posted there already.

PC
pc

campwags

Bruno of NH, here are some photos.

I am learning a lot here on the forum and thanks to you guys I hope to be a decent sawyer.

8)  :D  8)

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

Bruno of NH

Nice set up
Where you get the building ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

campwags

Carports.com  Out of NC.  Manufactured in MASS.  I have three of their shed/carports and thinking of getting another one for the mill.  This one is 24X36, 12' high walls and only has a 12' wide side door opening making it rather tricky to get the 16.5' logs in.  You gotta get the angle just right.  :D

I originally planned to use this building for my Pet Resort and enclosing the side walls with 12' vertical board on board.  I can not drive through so makes it difficult for going mobile.   

Thank You Sponsors!