iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TF C7 Skidder

Started by Northern Logger, December 15, 2015, 09:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Logger

I'm in conversation with an owner of a C7 Tree Farmer (probably an early 1990's Cummins powered machine) who says that he can't get the machine into 3rd or 4th gear. 1st and 2nd work fine he says. I'm guessing this machine has a Clark 4 speed transmission.

I'm wondering if it would be a simple electrical problem (solenoid) or hydraulic (value not opening/closing) or worse, internal. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

kiko

Early nineties may have a franklin transmission.   Does it have electric shift or cables?

Northern Logger

Quote from: kiko on December 15, 2015, 09:40:21 PM
Early nineties may have a franklin transmission.   Does it have electric shift or cables?

I'm guessing it would be electric.

oldseabee

Have to know what kind of transmission it is to even make a guess, two different animals.

quilbilly

We have one that has a Franklin tranny. It's a 97 model. We have had lots of the same problems. Usually have been able to fix it with some mixing and matching of the solenoids. Also we had a problem with the park brake/tranny lock not releasing so we just plugged that valve and run it with reg brakes now. Good machine besides that though. Sometimes just tightening or loosening the solenoids will do the trick. If you find something else that works let me know. Might come in handy in the future
a man is strongest on his knees

kiko

If it is electrical the shifter will look like this.  Third and fourth gear are controlled by switch three as well as solenoid three on top of transmission.

Northern Logger

Thanks Kiko ... the diagram you provided is most helpful.  The owner of the C7 talked about solenoids as a possible cause of the problem too.

Thank You Sponsors!