iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leap Second Tonight! How will you use the time?

Started by populus, December 31, 2005, 11:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

populus

There is a Leap Second at midnight tonight. Have you decided what you are going to do with the extra time?  Our nursery manager says he is going to take all of today planning how to use the time.

Personally, I'm going to use the extra time to get some sawdust out of my ears.

[OK a bit of science -  Leap seconds are added periodically because the rotation of the earth slows slightly over time. Since atomic clocks don't vary in time, the clock periodically has to be adjusted to Earth time.]

Jeff

I plan on using it to add a large percentage to my "Romance" time. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

I will use the second to set all my clocks back one second. ::) Can't have my clocks with the wrong time.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Paschale

I guess I first need to know if it's a second that's added to 2005, or a second added to 2006.  That will make all the difference.    ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jodi

I'll probably end up wasting my second trying to decide what to do with it...

Timburr

Firstly, I have no use for my second. I will gladly donate mine to any third party who has missed/lost theirs, in order that they remain "on time"  :D  ;D

Something drastic has happened to the dynamics of the earth's rotation....... its slowed down by 1 whole second in 7 year.
At this rate, rotation will have stopped completely in 220,903,000 millions of years (something wrong with my sums)
Sense is not common

macpower

Purveyor of Stihl chain saws.
Thomas 6013 Band Mill, Kubota L3400DT, Fransgard V3004, 2 lazy horses and a red heeler

brdmkr

I think I'll spend a couple hours thinking about it as I am seldom given extra time.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Shotgun

Hey Ya'all,

I'll happily take any of those extra leap seconds that you don't want or have need for.  At my age ya take every second you can get.  There aren't that many left.   ;D Just let me know, so I can put 'em to good use.

And thanks.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

Norm, considering what I had planned for mine, I better keep it. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV_hillbilly

I think I will just sleep my extra second away
Hillbilly

Sawyerfortyish

I don't want my second I'm always second >:( I want to be first for a change 8)

iain

"I plan on using it to add a large percentage to my "Romance" time. ""

Jeff looking at the photo you used with this post, i take it you either gave  that second away, or you put it to damned good use

not that enquiring minds want to pry of course

iain

Sprucegum

I was going to LEAP for one second but I missed.

maple flats

I missed mine, has anyone seen my extra second? I can't find it anywhere, Jeff, did you take two? I won't be mad and you can keep it, I just need to know who took it.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

LeeB

seeing as how I'm always a day late and a dollar short I don't reckon a second is gonna help much. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

iain

asy

OH MY GOSH!!!

I missed it...

I didn't know it was there and I missed it entirely...

Jeff, I sure hope you used mine too, since otherwise it's wasted...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Jodi

I think I accidently used someone elses second instead of mine... :-\  ::)

Minnesota_boy

Hey that was mine!  Now what am I to do with a used-up second?  :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

ScottAR

I just sneezed... I guess I used it up...   :D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!