iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is this hydraulic fitting called?

Started by Don P, April 07, 2018, 06:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Well, brute force and ignorance got me again ::). This is a hydraulic line on the Zettlemeyer. The flared piece on the pipe is, or was, a loose a ferrule. The bottom end I squeezed off was kind of a bottom stop on the pipe apparently. It fits down inside a tapered fitting. It was leaking so I cranked on the nut, and then it was really leaking, I had a couple of gallons of fluid with me but it blew through that about halfway back, walked out of the woods. I've never seen a hydraulic fitting like this, its running from a Linde pump to a German oil cooler that sits on the Deutz engine marked 10bar so I assume fair pressure and metric. Can anyone throw me a bone?

OntarioAl

Not that high a pressure 1 bar equals 14.5 psi (air pressure at sea level)
So maximum 145 psi
I hope this helps
Cheers
Al
Al Raman

Stuart Caruk

What you have there is a flareless compression fitting. It's used with metal tubing and doesn't require you to flare the metal tube when you install it. The ferrule or ring compresses the tubing to form a high pressure seal.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Stuart Caruk

Any hydraulics shop should have the ferrule and nut if you need it. Grab a tubing cutter and hack off the ferrule, install a new one and tighten it all up.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Don P

mike_belben

Stuart nailed it.  Theyre very common in industrial hydraulic manufacturing equipment.  Just look real close at the shoulder layout when reordering.  There is one style where you flare the tube and another where you dont.  Theyre very hard to distinguish from each other except by some minor differences on the little flange ring and inner seating face end, especially the compression nut.

I think mcmaster has them.
Praise The Lord

Don P

I think we got it yesterday. Took a couple of trips to town, the local shop didn't have these but we went to hose and a to pipe type of fitting. It's not on the high pressure side so hoping that is good enough. It held pushing the loader against the bobcat bucket, I was pushing the bobcat around easily with no leaks, we'll see when I really work it. If not there is a better shop down the mountain that should be able to make it up like oem. I kind of like it in rubber if it works.

Thank You Sponsors!