iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally got my mini skidder!

Started by logman81, July 19, 2015, 05:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

So after many months of trying to buy the skidder we finally got together so I could look at it. Picked it up this morning and brought it home. So now I'm the proud owner of a gafner mini skidder! Will be posting pics soon after it gets a power wash and a going over.
Precision Firewood & Logging

HiTech

Congrats...waiting to see the pics.

beenthere

That's good news. Look forward to pics of it an of it in action.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logman81

bushmechanic

That's a really nice looking machine, good luck with it. 8)

nhlogga

Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

David-L

Hey Logman, Was down in Matunuck this weekend and on the way home this a.m. around 11  or so I saw your skidder on Rt 138 near I 95. I was getting fuel on my Boxer air head BMW bike heading north to CT on my way home.. I had a feeling that was the machine you have been talking about.. Looks good and can't wait to hear more about it.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

logman81

Thanks everyone it was worth pursuing for sure, it's in great condition and is the perfect size for small lots and tsi work.  David -L yup that was me that you saw on the way to bring it home you will definitely be hearing and seeing more of it.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

logman81

Thanks it is pretty neat can't wait to get back in the woods!

Pine Ridge

How i'd love to have one of them !
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

tantoy

I wish i was bringing home a new/old skidder this weekend! Good for you and keep us entertained with pictures and specifications, I now it was a long road getting it home.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

logman81

Yes it is a jd winch the original gearmatic was replaced with it. Never had a deere winch but I've heard good things about them. It has new clutch packs in it so should pull strong. I really like the cab layout very spacious and easy to operate it's well thought out.

HiTech

Great looking little machine. That should pull plenty of wood for you. Good luck with it.

logman81

Guy I got it from says it will pull quite the hitch for its size.

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

DeerMeadowFarm

logman81

Thanks does any one know about the ad3 152 perkins?

BEEMERS

congratulations!!! Im glad you got that.And if you ever part with it keep me in mind. Id pair it with my Iron Mule.

logman81

Thank you I'm having and issue with the fuel system though.

North River Energy

I have a 3.152 on my portable welder.  The previous owner spoke favorably of it, and it started without much fuss on old fuel after years of sitting.
Keep a spare water pump on hand though. Not if, but when.
If it starts, runs, then dies repeatedly, the elastic ring in the rotary pump might be deteriorating and plugging up the pump return.
Or maybe a bunch of crap and rust in the fuel tank.
Or something like that.

logman81

Seems it is having trouble getting fuel to the injectors. It has died out twice on me , it ran fine for about ten minutes or so then died happen twice and can't get it re started?  I also seem to be getting lots of air when I crack the fuel lines. It has a new electric pump feeding the fuel filter and the filter is full every time I've checked it. I heard that there is some sort of screen on the injection pump could that be clogged with stuff? The machine has been sitting for a while.

Corley5

Blow air back through the line from the pump to the filter.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!