iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Neighbor Story :-)

Started by mkjones32, October 04, 2011, 01:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkjones32

I don't own a mill YET, Woodmizer someday :-)  I was out for a 1 year wedding anniversary walk with my wife on Sunday and we hear a huge tree come crashing down, we keep walking and see one of our neighbors with ~24"dbh Red Oak (pretty darn straight) lying on the ground; my next door neighbor helped him drop the tree.  My wife and I are thinking he is going to have it cut for lumber as we didn't see a thing wrong with the tree.  The guy solicited me for help; I would have helped if not for our wedding anniversary.  I ran into my neighbor the next morning (the one that helped drop the tree).  He tells me that it had a dead branch up top so the owner decided he would cut it down with his 16" 40cc chainsaw; got halfway through it and decided he better solicit help.  He was planning to burn it this year yet; I guess that explains his past history of chimney fires. The weird part is we live in a Lake Association that has 400ac of woods; you can cut all the firewood you want (given the tree is dying, leaning or down) and the guy owns a large tractor with a bucket.  I told my wife my story last night and she said if we would have known he was going to cut that beautiful tree for firewood, we would have offered a couple of cords of our dry stuff delivered and stacked and had his tree made into flooring.  My wife even offered to help which shouldn't be taken lightly :-) 

Thanks for looking,

Kevin

Chuck White

I've seen people do that very same thing!

Kind of gives you a sickening feeling.

Amen on the chimney fires too.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

zopi

That 28" white oak I sawed out yesterday was down and doomed to be firewood..I was removing a forty eight inch norway maple that came down in irene for him...asked if I could have the sawlogs out of it..."sure" needless to say, he has a nice little whack of oak, cedar and maple lumber stickered in his shop now...
Rolled up on some morons in a bucket truck doing storm clean up, (I say morons advisedly, as the bucket was mired to the axles in the swamp..) who had just finished bucking a red oak trunk to two foot lengths...log was close to grade one...I fi had arrived fifteen minutes earlier would have had it...grrrr!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Magicman

It sounds like your wife is a smart and practical lady.  Also a keeper.   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I know of a guy that lived on his cousins land for years. Cousin lived out of state, hardly came up here. Red oak is our million dollar baby here in Maine. He chased just about every one of them down, just because they split "easy".
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!