iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mimosa Tree

Started by woodhaven, July 19, 2003, 02:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tom and Noble and I'll bet woodhaven as well, are certainly all smiling today. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

Quote from: Jeff on October 04, 2013, 03:56:31 PM
Tom and Noble and I'll bet woodhaven as well, are certainly all smiling today. :)

I believe that. They sure can put a smile on my face, reading their stuff.  smiley_bucktooth
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

kelLOGg

Quote from: LeeB on October 04, 2013, 11:59:09 AM

Bald Cypress.

I'll admit that looks like what I sawed. The density of BC (green) is 51 lbs/ft^3 and we measured 52. There's still the mystery of my friends' observation of the blossoms in the spring????
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

mesquite buckeye

The plant in the original post is Albizia julibrissin. Native Iran through Japan. Commonly called mimosa in the eastern US.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

kelLOGg

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on October 05, 2013, 01:17:53 PM
The plant in the original post is Albizia julibrissin. Native Iran through Japan. Commonly called mimosa in the eastern US.

The original post (by woodhaven [rip]) contained no picture, so which are you referring to?
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

mesquite buckeye

My mistake. Photo in Tom's post #2. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Raider Bill

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 03, 2013, 09:43:26 PM
I've never heard of a MONKEY PUZZLE  :D......but I'm guessing that's what it is.  :D

House up the street has several monkey puzzle trees that have to be close to 100 ft tall ok maybe 75 ft. They drop bowling ball size and weight seeds.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

GATreeGrower

My granddad used to call those a "monkey tree"?

GATreeGrower

Ah.  I see now.  Solved the monkey puzzle.

Den-Den

Mimosa can have rough bark when it gets old but it usually does not live long enough here in east Texas.  I have seen mimosa yard trees in west Texas that were 45+ years old and had rough bark (not necessarily big, just old).
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

Thank You Sponsors!