iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Feet.

Started by Raider Bill, November 05, 2007, 09:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Just a rant..... I just spend all day driving then online looking for a pair of size 14 EEE leather Wellington boots.
14 D 14 EE no 14 EEE.

Crap :( :'( >:(
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Herman Munster club, I know your frustration. I don't have a long foot like you but it is definately wide, at least EEEE, if not EEEEE, nobody really knows for sure.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Tom

Raider Bill

I went to 2 red wing stores. No luck. Besides, Redwing isn't what it used to be. Almost self service. I have 2 pair of Redwing lace work boots wanted to try a slip off Wellington.
Another cross I bear...............

Tom

You mean you have seen that too?  I thought it was just our local management.   Yep, I got better service in Sears.  What-a-shame!

pineywoods

Raider, find a dealer for Georgia Boot. Around here the dealers are usually a co-op, not a shoe store. they make both lace-up and wellington.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sawguy21

I wish I could find comfortable foot wear. Sheesh, gunboats with a high arch.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

limbrat

I like H+H i think they are made by Georgia, the farm and ranch model is the one i use its a slip on that resist barn yard chemicals so they dont crack easy and they feel like high top sneakers.
Dura shocks by Wolverine are comftorable too but i wear the soles out to fast.
ben

SwampDonkey

Yeah I need a new pair of RedWing as well. Hope I can still get ones without steel toes. The model I want is $285 I think. Pricey, but no more expensive than here for a similar modeled boot. At least RedWing is still made in USA. Seems everyone else is jumping ship.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sawyerfortyish

Sounds like you almost have to have them custom made. A while back I had posted about having boots made because I have broke and sprained my ankle so many times if I twist the wrong way out it goes. Nicks shoe was suggested to custom build a boot I priced them and I think they where around 300.00. The thing about this boot company is when you wear them out they will rebuild them for you.
  On another note my dads cousin wore a 16 size shoe he could only find them in one place in the US and that was around Richmond VA.

Raider Bill

I looked at Georgia boots. None in my size 13 max in wellingtons.

Fla._Deadheader

Next trip to CR, getcha some built to fit. Reina's BIL is a showmaker. He made me a pair of rubber soled slippers.

My problem with Wellingtons is, getting my foot to slide all the way in. Once I get them on, they are fine. Just are not cut big enough in the instep.  ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Raider Bill

I've never had wellingtons before always lace up's. Was thinking I would be able to boot jack them off instead on bending down to unlace or unzip. I guess it's mostly a lazy thing on my part but when I'm in Tenn working the red clay......... well you know it gets everywhere. My tool room for the build is a spare bedroom in the DW trailer so everytime I need something I leave a trail. If I spend the time to sit and unlace I don't want to get up. Well my brain may want to get up but my body says nap time.

I've struggled with big feet my whole adult life. Dad wears a 16 with so many EEEEEEEEEEE's I lost count.
Sneakers and lace ups are no problem finding. I guess you always want what you can't have.

Tom,

On Redwings, at $200.00 plus for a pair of boots you would think they could have service like shoe store used to. You sit and the salesman brings you styles and helps you. I went in to both stores. the salesmen at both when I asked them my questions both acted like I was bothering them. I actually asked one if he wanted me to go in back and look for him as his cell phone call seemed to be more important than a customer. I think Redwings are now on my DO NOT USE LIST>

I ordered 3 pair from sportsmanguide but none were wide enough so I sent them back.

Deadheader,

I was planning on Honduras this year but CR maybe a good possibility instead.

On a lighter note I may have met my future 4th ex wife!

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8)  Is she a Ridge Runner ???  8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Raider Bill

Florida Girl from Alaska............

Brad_S.

Quote from: Raider Bill on November 06, 2007, 08:46:03 AM
My tool room for the build is a spare bedroom in the DW trailer so everytime I need something I leave a trail.
I keep a roll of small, bathroom size garbage bags by the door when working outside in mud. When I come in, I slip a garbage bag on each foot and secure them with a wrap of elastic. PITA but it saves time and grief.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

thedeeredude

My buddy went to a local work boot store and they had a pair custom made by Double H.  Their factory used to be up the road from me in Womelsdorf ,PA  but it closed down.  Dont know where they are now.  And I was at the store the other day looking at redwings and most of them were made in china.  I buy timberland pro boots now.  They work good for me, but I dont know if they come in your size.

Warbird

Quote from: Raider Bill on November 06, 2007, 09:35:47 AM
Florida Girl from Alaska............

Where at in Alaska?  Depending on the town, I can tell ya if ya should marry her or not!  ;D

SwampDonkey

deeredude, you sure that wasn't IrishSetter? Same company. My Redwing boots have been all USA made

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Some Coast Guard Station in the boonies. I'll find out 8)

crtreedude

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on November 06, 2007, 08:25:54 AM

Next trip to CR, getcha some built to fit. Reina's BIL is a showmaker. He made me a pair of rubber soled slippers.

My problem with Wellingtons is, getting my foot to slide all the way in. Once I get them on, they are fine. Just are not cut big enough in the instep.  ::)

And here I thought we were friends. You are telling me someone could make me boots?! What I need is boots for working inside the fincas. Size 46 (12 for you yankees). The biggest rubber boots down here are only 44s.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Raider Bill

Quote from: Raider Bill on November 07, 2007, 07:35:04 AM
Some Coast Guard Station in the boonies. I'll find out 8)

Kodiak Island

Fla._Deadheader

Fred, as you already know, MOST things are available in San Jose. Just gotta know where  ::) ::) ::)

I am talking about Leather Work Boots, not rubber boots.  I will try to find info for you, the next time I go to San Jose.
   First, it is ridiculed;

thedeeredude

Yeah Swampdonkey, the boots I checked out were redwing and I looked on the little tag inside the boot.  And the boxes didnt even have the made in USA sticker like they used to.

KarenKae

Quote from: Raider Bill on November 05, 2007, 09:49:21 PM
Just a rant..... I just spend all day driving then online looking for a pair of size 14 EEE leather Wellington boots.
14 D 14 EE no 14 EEE.

scrappola :( :'( >:(
Raider!
Seems like I am here to help you today.  Did a little looking around and called a few friends from the past (big feet, too) and they recommended White Boots.  Seems they are made in Oregon for firefighters among other outdoor jobs and activities.  Expensive, $400 is the range, but will build to fit you.  I called and the gal seemed really nice and their web site was first class.  whiteoutdoors.com
With the cost of gas looking for some that fit, this might answer your prayers.
Karen

Dan_Shade

I just got a pair of whites boots.  still working on the breakin, they're definately the worst shoes I've ever tried to break in.  I couldn't walk down steps with them when they were new!

I ordered my pair through a distributer, but if you think you need a special fit, then ordering through the company may be a good idea.

www.nicksboots.com is another choice, and I figure these boots are very similar to white's, but I'm not sure if one is better than the other. 

If I can get 5 years out of these boots, i'll be happy with them.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SwampDonkey

Working and walking in the woods I never get more than 3 years out of the best boots made.

beenthere

SD
What are the "best boots made"?    ::) ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Well Redwing would be one, of cos.  Caterpiller are good to. ;D :D :D :D

Heck man, don't ask me to be able to name them all.  :D :D :D :D

KarenKae

Ok, guys, I am still trying.  Harness Boot here in the Ozarks called me back.  She found a USA company, Carolina Boot that makes a 14 EEEE stock boot for only $139.95.  She would have to special order, but she said you might find a dealer nearer  you.  She was real helpful and said I could give her number in Harrison AR  870-741-5750.
Let me know if you get a comfortable shoe!
My husband has big feet also, but he is lucky- not too wide.  D will work for him so he can at least FIND a shoe that fits.
Good HUNTING ( when you get a boot that FITS)!!!

Engineer

Bill,

I have wide feet, but a size 12.  I bought a pair of Muckmaster boots from the local feed store for about $90, and they are great.  Muck Boots makes sizes up to a 14EEEE, so if you call them and tell them what you are looking for, they will help you out.  You might also want to contact one of the service companies that sell firefighting boots - they do a lot of custom work to fit guys that have to wear pull-on boots all day long.  Warrington Pro and Thorogood both make 14" pull-on boots in a 14EEE as stock items.  Expensive though, around $250, but they should last years.

Cabela's also sells a Wolverine Wellington that is between an EE and EEE (they call it "extra wide") - they do have a good return policy and the boots aren't too expensive. 

I'd definitely give the Mucks a try though - they will probably fit you fine and work well for what you are doing in the mud.

Tom

I have wide feet too.  Just 10 1/2's  but EEE or EEEE also an H.  I call them swamp feet because they keep me from sinking in the mud.  I guess the good thing is that Florida allows us to go bare footed.  Some might think it hurts, but when you go sans shoes, your feet get tough and there's not much that bothers them.  I 'spect the shoe stores hate it.

Mr. Shippey's brother, JP, was standing at the fireplace warming his rear and his Daddy said, "JP, your a standin' on a ember with your foot."

"Which one, Pa," he asked?

SwampDonkey

I always knew you swampers were a tough breed. But, I don't recommend trying the bare feet in the snow and mud frost cycles. ;D

Tom

Yee hiiii!!!
one, ana two, ana three, ana four.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOXgL4rvYk

pineywoods

Quote from: Tom on November 09, 2007, 06:28:13 PM
when you go sans shoes, your feet get tough and there's not much that bothers them.  I 'spect the shoe stores hate it

Strike a match on the sole of your foot or  walk down the middle of a blacktop road so hot the tar is bubling out. Six months out of the year, the only time we wore shoes was to go to church on sunday.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Dan_Shade

I'm happy to say that I always had shoes to wear.  i'm not much on the barefoot front....
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!