iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Monday Saw Milling in Southern Maryland

Started by Ga_Boy, January 20, 2005, 05:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga_Boy

Music Boy; AKA Rick Fisher brought his mill over to AMS Kiln Dried Lumber's International Headquarters' located in Port Tobacco, Maryland.  Here are some pictures of our Monday saw milling. 8)

I have empirical evidence :P of a direct relationship between the thickness of the lumber milled and the temperature in which you are milling.  My findings are:

The colder it got the thicker the lumber we milled. :)

Enjoy the pictures!

This shot is Rick; (left) and my friend Matt (Right) prepping a Walnut for sawing.

This shot is the lumber from the Walnut.

This shot is a Hard Maple.

This shot is a Walnut crotch for a customer.

This is a second crotch for the same customer.

About ten o'clock two of my regular customers came by for some lumber. They spent about 2-3 hours watching us mill.  The started looking at some Sweet Gum boards the Rick pulled of some cants he milled for me.  The ends of the Gum logs have the real nice flame grain pattern.  These two guys wanted these sweet gum boards so I gave each of them a red lumber crayon to write their name and number on them, when they are dried I'll let them know.   It is real nice knowing these boards are already sold before I dry them. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Tom

Yall did good.  Isn't it great to get paid for something you like to do?   I'll pass on the cold weather though. :D

music_boy

It was cold!!!! :o How cold was it??? Well, I'll tell you. It was so cold, if you wanted a drink from your water bottle, you couldn't, cuz it was frozen solid :o  
     We did have fun in spite of the cold but to compound the sawing, the wind was gusting to 25 mph. Mark could see thatr from the big picture window in his house :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Just kidding. I think instead of calling it flamed sweet gum,, how bout,, spalted Liquidamber,, or flamed Quicafaciatus. :D :D :D :D Adds to the price per bdft I'd say.
Rick
AKA
 Man with no eyes
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

Thank You Sponsors!