iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is your Favorite Leftover??

Started by Magicman, February 16, 2014, 06:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Soup, chile, and gumbo have to be mine because they all seem to get better each time.   food6

I love the microwave.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Any kind of stew. It gets better everyday 'til its gone.  musteat_1
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yukon cornelius

my wife makes the best potato soup. its really good the next day. another favorite of mine is an invention of mine... I call it holiday pie. after thanksgiving and Christmas we put all the leftovers mixed together in a pie crust. mashed tators, homemade noodles, turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green bean casseroles, and anything else that isn't desert.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

chain

I've used my 'Braised Goat Shank' recipe on some venison roasts this winter. The latest adventure, I could not get the brandy-prune-shallot sauce to a consistency we wanted. Yet, the meat was tender tasty, but allowing to set in roaster and the fridge 24 hours did the trick. Especially, the cold cuts of sliced prune-brandied venison/horseradish sauce sandwich was special!

Paul_H

Pizza eaten cold for a fast and tasty meal on the go and so is a leg of chicken. Pumpkin pie is a good leftover to have for breakfast.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

GAB

Maple Syrup Pie and Maple Syrup Dumplings.
I've got a sweet tooth.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Chuck White

Spaghetti (sketty  ;D) or stew, or Venison!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

There are so many!
Spaghetti, Chicken Fajita Soup, Lasagna, Meatloaf, Chili, Fried Chicken, Pinto Beans, etc..... food1
BTW-my wife is a great cook, which helps. food3
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SLawyer Dave

Got to go with the Spaghetti.  My wife didn't used to like my spaghetti, because it gave her horrible heart burn, (store bought sauce).  Then I started growing all my own tomatoes, and now she loves it, as there is so little acid in fresh tomatoes.  I puree them in the food processor, freeze the puree in gallon zip lock freezer bags, and then use that as my base to make "fresh" spaghetti all year long.  Soup is my next favorite.  Always better the second day.

LeeB

Hard to say. I tend to repurpose most leftovers into something else. Mashed potatoes get turned into potato pancakes. Left over meats, especially off the grill go into Vietnamese noodle soup, etc. Soups and stews are better the next day. Cold fried chicken is always good. And left over pizza is great. Had some of that forlunch today.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ken

Stew and lasagna would be 2 of my favorite leftovers.  My wife is a bit of a master in the kitchen so many of our leftovers get repurposed into something else.  We rarely throw out any food.  My thinking is that if you like this, this and this there is a pretty good chance it will be good all thrown together. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

scgargoyle

Cold pizza and warm beer  :D

Some things do get better with age- pot roast comes to mind. I've been known to make it one day, and not even serve it until the next day.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

drobertson

Ham and beans, cold fried chicken, with extra salt! and a steak samich with mayo and pepper,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Left Coast Chris

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Hilltop366

Seafood chowder with haddock, scollops, lobster, potatoes and what ever else she puts in there.

Its one of those better the next day things.

Panfried or broiled haddock reheated, I make a toasted sandwich with cheese and catchup.

I agree with pizza too.

DanG

Most anything that keeps me from having to cook. ;D 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Magicman

Saturday night I had a 12 oz prime rib.  Pat had more roasted shrimp than she could eat so I helped her and ended up with about ½ of my prime rib in a to-go box.

Today I split it in half, laid the two halves on a bun and into the toaster for a quick warmup.  I had one fine prime rib poboy sandwich.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

Quote from: DanG on February 17, 2014, 01:50:26 PM
Most anything that keeps me from having to cook. ;D 8)
:D That was my theory when I was single.  A big pot of chili or spaghetti sauce went a long way. So did pot roast. Karen sometimes thinks I'm jerking her chain when I enjoy left overs so much, 40 years of batching taught me not to be picky. Mom would thinly slice roast beef and heat it up in the frying pan in it's own gravy. She couldn't figure out why I liked it so much.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Texas Ranger

I'm with DanG, most anything that is still edible, not particular.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pineywoods

Bannana Pudding,but there's seldom any left overs  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

LeeB

We had fried shrimp, broccoli slaw and left over potato soup for dinner tonight. I don't know that you could still call it potato soup though. I mixed in the remaining corn meal breading and the milk/egg wash from the shrimp, some chopped green onions and made hush tots. Still had some of that left. tomorrow morning I will cook some bacon and add that to the mix and make potato pancakes. will have the left over fried shrimp in a po'boy for lunch on home made rolls.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Magicman

I am still thinking about Pineywood's "Banana Pudding".  That man just ain't right.  He knew full well that I did not have any banana pudding, and now I want some.   food6

SwampDonkey

pizza, chop suey (which is a word in Websters), stews, chicken or turkey goolash (my term :D ), pork tenderloin.  ;D

Canadian chop suey is with hamburg, mushrooms, macaroni, onion, pepper, spaghetti sauce, I also add black beans and cheeses, sprinkle a little sugar in the sauce. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pineywoods

Quote from: Magicman on February 19, 2014, 05:43:59 PM
I am still thinking about Pineywood's "Banana Pudding".  That man just ain't right.  He knew full well that I did not have any banana pudding, and now I want some.   food6
HMmmm, now I know what to bring to the next chiken crispen...Try puttng some fresh blueberries in it....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!