iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TK blade adjustment ?

Started by bama20a, April 25, 2012, 09:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bama20a

Maybe someone can help.On my TK,(That I got used),The back of the blade is up against the shoulder of the roller guides,Just don't look right to me.Can anyone tell me is there space between the 2 & how much? Thanks Mark.....
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

SamB

For the TK1220 the manual calls for a 1/8 inch gap between the back of the blade and the horizontal guide roller.

redbeard

keep the back of blade flush or 1/16 th forward on the band wheels and centered on the first groove from shoulder  on the guide rollers , deflection is about 1/8 th.  been working good for me.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ladylake

I like to run 3/16 between the back of the blade and the flange on the guide wheels.  As Jeff said on the big wheels the back og the blade should be about even with the back of the wheel.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bama20a

Thanks fellows: that is the info- I was needing,I didn't think it looked right the way it was. Again thank's.Mark,,,,,,

Ga Mtn Man

On my TK 2000 the blade on the drive wheel side is about 3/32" beyond the back edge of the wheel.  The idle wheel side is flush. Should I make adjustments.  I hate to mess with it if I don't have to.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

redbeard

If you spin wheel forward 10 times and backward 10 times on each side, under full tension (ALWAYS stand clear of path of possible blade breakage when covers are off) the band should track without movement. Sooner or later you will have to adjust tracking its important to get it perfect you will be ok with what you have but if its obvious movement it can lead to wear and premature band breakage. Once I finally got my mill tracking perfect it made a huge difference in blade performance. I would call TK tech support when your ready to tackle it . When I got my mill new it wasnt dialed in to my specs. That I keep it at now six years later.. Keep a good eye on your guide rollers how they wear can tell alot about your tracking.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Chuck White

Happy Birthday Redbeard!

And many more!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bama20a

Quote from: redbeard on April 26, 2012, 01:57:35 AM
If you spin wheel forward 10 times and backward 10 times on each side, under full tension (ALWAYS stand clear of path of possible blade breakage when covers are off) the band should track without movement. Sooner or later you will have to adjust tracking its important to get it perfect you will be ok with what you have but if its obvious movement it can lead to wear and premature band breakage. Once I finally got my mill tracking perfect it made a huge difference in blade performance. I would call TK tech support when your ready to tackle it . When I got my mill new it wasnt dialed in to my specs. That I keep it at now six years later.. Keep a good eye on your guide rollers how they wear can tell alot about your tracking.
Know this sure is a dumb question,(But to know me is to love me)LOL, ;D,But what is the best way to adjust.Is it to  move the blade wheels in or out or the guide rollers. As you can tell I don't know a lot about this mill,But I'll get there. With ya'll help Mark....

bama20a

Sorry,HAPPY BIRTHDAY REDBEARD,

Ga Mtn Man

This one I do know.  Blade tracking is adjusted by tilting the band wheels.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

Happy Birthday, redbeard.  DanG, you are getting older.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

Happy Birthday greybeard redbeard! smiley_old_guy

Tom the Sawyer

There is an alignment procedure in your owner's manual.  (Available on-line if you don't have yours) Follow it, even if you think you know a quick fix.  If you 'fix' it the wrong way you may be in for problems, just not the one you fixed.  Going through the full alignment process a few times can teach you a lot about how your mill works.  ;)
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Thank You Sponsors!