iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl HT 101 Ext c-saw, will start, won't run?

Started by tstex, June 04, 2011, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tstex

Guys,

It has been awhile.  I hope everyone & your families are all doing well.

Pulled the Stihl extension c-saw out, and it took about 10 minutes to start.  Finally started, but when I start to give it gas, it cuts out and then eventually dies.  However, when I put it in the start mode, it runs ok, then when I pull the gas, it dies.  I also tried giving it gas slowing, and it builds up some, but will eventually die.

Couple of things, I did leave gas [of course 10% ethanol] in it for about the last 3-4 months+ without starting.  After she kept dying, I emptied all the gas out and put new in, but same thing.  Also, the clear plastic balls that you push 4-5 times to prime the gas, it just doesn't seem to feel like after the 3-5 pushes that it is getting any tighter or harder to push...could this be a problem?

Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.  If you have any questions, pls let me know.

Have a good one and be safe,
tstex

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

fuzzybear

Start simple and work from there. I would start with the fuel line like tyb525 said. It sounds like you have an air leak some where.
   Then move on to fuel filter, air filter, spark plug.  Then I would try to adjust the carb. After those have been checked then you will have to dig deeper.  Let us know how it goes.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

tstex

Ok, thanks guys...I was inclined to believe it was a fuel-related issue too...

Just one ques, when I do press the primer on my Echo weed-eater, after about 4-5 pushes, you can feel it get hard and tighten-up, which leads me to believe that the gas has been primed all the way.  On the Stihl here, no matter how many times I press the primer, it never seems to harden-up or feel like it is primed to the max...does this make any sense.

Thanks again - tstex

fuzzybear

I would say for sure you have a hole in the fuel line. If it is not priming up, it can't pull fuel while running as well.  When you choke it it should run better than it does on "run" if that is the case you are pulling air from another area, usually the fuel line. If you pull the fuel line off the carb itself, block the end with your finger and push the primer, you will find it very quickly. This is just some thing fast to try and see if you can locate the leak.  After that you will need to break out the tools.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Thank You Sponsors!