iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need new drive belts

Started by SAnVA, April 01, 2013, 09:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAnVA

Hey, I need to replace the drive belts on my 1987 LT-40 with the 20hp. Onan ( used up all the adjustment) and the manual shows B-68V, B-69V and BX-70V. Have any of you, with this mill, replaced your belts and if so do you remember which you used. Thanks in advance for any help!

Nomad

Try calling WoodMizer with your serial number.  They can most likely tell you which belt you need.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Bibbyman

Quote from: nomad on April 01, 2013, 09:55:11 PM
     Try calling WoodMizer with your serial number.  They can most likely tell you which belt you need.

And while you're on the phone with them, just order it.  They will have the right one made special for it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SAnVA

I sent WM an e-mail yesterday asking the same thing and requested a price also but haven't heard back from them yet, just thought I would inquire on here in the meantime! Thanks for your replies!

Bibbyman

Quote from: SAnVA on April 01, 2013, 10:07:37 PM
I sent WM an e-mail yesterday asking the same thing and requested a price also but haven't heard back from them yet, just thought I would inquire on here in the meantime! Thanks for your replies!

Did you email a specific customer service guy or to some generic address?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SAnVA

I e-mailed the address listed for the Georgia location--ncollins@woodmizer.com--I thought this might be my best bet since this is where I send my blades for re-sharp, and they have a parts department also. I imagine I will hear from them soon, just thought I'd ask on here also. Thanks.

MartyParsons

Hello,
Part # P04857-2 (2BX70) $33.33

Thanks
Marty

This is one molded belt. Original belt was two BX70V.
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

SAnVA

Thanks Marty, Got an answer back today from Wood-Mizer ( Georgia ) with that belt # and ordered the belt plus the tension gauge. The single belt ought to be a big improvement over the two belts, mine were stretched bad and one would come off the pulley now and then. Had about 1/4 inch of adjustment left!! Thanks everyone!

Thank You Sponsors!