iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill shows

Started by Rjwassink67, April 15, 2018, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjwassink67

I have been searching for a sawmill trade show/expo or something like that.  I want to see sawmills side by side to compare.  How can I find these or do you all know of any?  Anything in eastern North Carolina?

I can not decide on timberking 1600 or wood mizer lt35 or 40.

Thanks all

red

Expo Richmond 2018 this may 18-19 Richmond VA
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WV Sawmiller

Go to the WM site for info to contact Joe Whitely at the Albermarle NC WM office to see when and where he will be having shows in the near future. I don't think it will be too long till they have owner's day and open house there at Albermarle if that is not too far away for you to drive. I stopped by there 4 years ago on a trip to Charlotte to see my daughter and Tyler, Joe's son, showed me the mills and answered my question and I ordered my LT35HDG25 then.

Look at the specs and also what is the size logs you plan to be cutting. The  standard LT40 cuts about 5" wider cut than the LT35 if you don't want the wide model.

I think you will be happy with either mill but just check and compare the features of both to help decide which is best for your specific needs. Good luck to you.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Rjwassink67

Thank you for the help!

reswire

Quote from: red on April 15, 2018, 07:44:34 PM
Expo Richmond 2018 this may 18-19 Richmond VA
Woodmizer, Norwood, Baker, and a few others are usually there.  Loads of fun, lot's of freebies too! ;D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Tom the Sawyer

If you have it narrowed down that closely, both manufacturers should be able to put you in contact with a nearby owner who owns and uses that mill.  Sometimes talking to someone who is actually using a certain mill might be more informative than talking to a salesman.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

customsawyer

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've ever seen a Timberking at a show. You will have to find a owner to see them. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Rjwassink67

I have found a couple of the mills close by and will be trying to contact them for a visit!  

Thank you all for the help.

kelLOGg

Quote from: customsawyer on April 16, 2018, 11:22:05 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I've ever seen a Timberking at a show. You will have to find a owner to see them.
I saw a Timberking at a Logging Demo in eastern NC close to 20 years ago when I was looking at mills. Don't remember the town or I would have responded to the Rj....
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

xlogger

TK use to go to and have an event at an owner's place of business. I went to one in the past in VA. They even ask me awhile back was I interested. Not sure if they still do that. 
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Bruno of NH

Timberking was at the Vermont show 2 years ago.
I think it was an independent dealer from NY state
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

reswire

A Timberking representative once told me, they would rather pass on savings to their customers, than spend the money transporting people and equipment to shows.  I believe that was why they went to private owners for demonstrations.  Either way, it's nice to see a machine run, and know it's benefits and limitations.  It might also be a good idea to take an experienced sawyer with you (not prejudiced of course) to point out the good and the bad.  All machines have good traits, and unfortunately bad.  It's more of a what do you need, and what are you looking for.
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

DPatton

Quote from: reswire on April 19, 2018, 09:40:56 AMI believe that was why they went to private owners for demonstrations. 

I have done two such demonstrations for TimberKing on my TK1600 mill. One was for a tree removal service out of Omaha Nebraska that was thinking about purchasing a mill. The other was for a owner and son of a company that does custom trim carpentry work in and around the Lincoln Nebraska area. TK has treated me well for providing such demonstrations. 
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

scsmith42

Usually there are sawmill vendors at the annual Southern Farm Show in Raleigh (but it was back in January).

Joe at Woodmizer is a great guy, and if you're ever in the Raleigh vicinity I can show you a Baker and a Peterson swing blade.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Rjwassink67

Quote from: scsmith42 on April 19, 2018, 04:42:07 PM
Usually there are sawmill vendors at the annual Southern Farm Show in Raleigh (but it was back in January).

Joe at Woodmizer is a great guy, and if you're ever in the Raleigh vicinity I can show you a Baker and a Peterson swing blade.
Thanks for the invite.  I will have to remember that for next January.

Thank You Sponsors!