iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario

Started by Qweaver, September 05, 2011, 03:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

Is there a navigable water way from Erie to Ontario?  
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

SwampDonkey

Only if you want to go over Niagara Falls. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

moosehunter

Yes.
Can not recall the name of it. It has locks and everything. I've seen them.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Lockes are one thing and open water way another I guess. Is that commercial only or can pleasure craft use it to? I don't think Qweaver is sailing a cargo ship. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

D Hagens

SD, pleasure craft can go through the locks as well. I've been through them myself and it's an interesting and very long journey  :)
Most people just find it easier and less stressful to have their boats loaded on to a vessel and wait for their boats on the other end.

SwampDonkey

Yes it looks like 11 hours, to go nowhere. Not much distance anyway, by land. ;D ;)

Chuck White

That was a great video beenthere, thanks for posting.

I thought there was a waterway, but I didn't know just how it went.

I do remember way back in school we were tought that ocean-going vessels could enter the St Lawrence River and travel by water, all the way to Milwaukee Wisconsin.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

TonyZ

it was interesting for the first couple of locks. After that it was deadly dull.

snowstorm

i was takling with a guy from wisconsin last summer he had a 47' yacht built here in maine and was going to float it back home. said it would take about 6 weeks

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Qweaver

I guess I should have said is there a way through the US and I guess there is not.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

nas

I believe you can take the Erie canal to the Oswego canal, but it would be a long trip.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Thank You Sponsors!