iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What they look like

Started by Fla._Deadheader, July 20, 2003, 06:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Here is a close up of the guys we swim with. This one was taken about 7 miles away, as the Iggle flies. We got lots of dem Iggle's here.

This little guy was 12'-4" and weighed 700 pounds. Almost growed up !! ;D ;D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Buzz-sawyer

Hey... I wonder what that little guys pop looks like?
I was just down your way last month....I enjoy rootin in the backwater , river ratting we call it up here in Illinois, I was wondering do you ever hunt gators? Looks like fun...
Don
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

D._Frederick

Fla._,

You better make yourself that BOOM STICK, either 12 gauge or 30-30. Use it like a blind man uses a walking stick!

Fla._Deadheader

Buzz, why din't ya holler??? We coulda met up???
  "D", there's no sport in blind huntin???  :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

dail_h

How to cook??? need recipies (sp) sted of a pig pickin,how bout a gator pickin,some good hot sauce,and some good COLD SAUCE, shoooooeeeemaybe some slaw n hushpuppies
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Fla._Deadheader

NOW yer talkin !!! I know a gal that says, "you ain't HAD good tail, till you've tried MY tail, That's GATOR tail, now  :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

D._Frederick

Fla._,
Hey, I forgot to ask, did that thing eat somebody? Did they kill it or are they moving it for breeding stock?

Fla._Deadheader

"D", unfortunately, when Gators are over 4' long, get used to people and lose their fear of people, they are considered "aggressive" and are killed by a local Trapper. Another example of people moving into an area that they should not be in, and then, causing the Gators to be killed.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Buzz-sawyer

Hey Deadheader...I will sure give you a yell next time and take you and Jr. deadheader to the local feed bin for a gator burger :D, and talk over river ratin!
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

Sounds like a plan. Where bout's ya hang out, down here???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Buzz-sawyer

Well, the kids and I prospected all over the state, checking out forests creeks, and coastal areas, as well as the forestry industry that seems to energize the whole economy on the panhandle side....we camped out the whole time and snorkeled in clear springs.....a blast for sure....
You mentioned in a post being involved with  Renewable energy stuff......I am building a high efficiency home and planing on inverter and batteries any thoughts? ???....I am somewhat like you I think in that I think , "Why cant I build that...! ;)
Don
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Buzz-sawyer

You mentioned in a post being involved with  Renewable energy stuff......I am building a high efficiency home and planing on inverter and batteries any thoughts?

P.S from my previous post....have you built your own renewable or generator powered system....
Don
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

DanG Don. I wuz gonna get back to ya, and plum forgot. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
   We were Pioneering with Wind Power and Water power.
 Both types, usually had Solar Panel Back-ups. We were Dealers for Bergey Windpower in Ok. City. We sold Solarex Solar Panels, out of Rockville, Md. We sold Winpower Wind Generators. We sold Heart Inverters. We had a 32V 3000 Watt Inverter, (can't remember the name), That ran our whole house. It would come on when it sensed a load, such as an electric drill or Saw. We had DC lighting. NO A/C. Had a Solar Chimney that would help cool the house.
   Even had an old Edison Generator set-up. It had a throttle and governor engine that hit on every power stroke, unlike the hit and miss that is discussed on another thread. It had a set of Nickel-Iron Batteries that would NEVER go bad. Just had to keep the right amount of potash in the water-solution, to keep the charge working.
  We found an outlet for new Railroad batteries. They were put into racks and would run the lights and stuff in the caboose's.
  They were 2V at 480 amp/hrs, I THINK. They were made of milk jug lookin plastic and required racks. Indoor forklifts use the same type. We also had a source for the large Phone Co. Batteries. They were 2V at 1680 Amp/hrs, I THINK. They were about 18" square and 26" high. Weighed a BUNCH.
   Tried to work with Dogpatch, USA, with a waterfall they had. They had a Company in Little Rock that knew everything, build a waterwheel. They did such a fine job, when it was installed, and got wet, it swelled and would NOT turn. We tried to get them to let us fix it, but, they just used it for looks ??? ???
   What type help ya lookin for???  Ya gotta remember, it was in the early 80's, so, my brain don't function like it useta did. ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Buzz-sawyer

Thanks for info...actually sound exactly like what Im wanting to do ...built a house out of lumber we sawed and recycled....has 2x8 walls with r-30ish insulation...want to use nickel irion batteries for thier long life ...do they hold charge as long as lead acid?  I want to find a diesel generator that run 1800rpm and get a 3 to 5 k watt inverter ...did that power your well pump anf frig o.K? I was planning on lighting possibly with d.c ..I like to look around for deals and bargain...(scrounge for junk) seems like I find stuff that I can make work for just about every project....this one is new to me need sources for batteries and a generator....thinking about a welder/gen set for back up power.WHere would you look for batteries...fork lift dealer?....I really like the idea of iron and nickel batteries heard of them lasting 50 years!....I will send you a picture of the house and sawmill (I built ) if your curious....just any suggestions about how you went about rigging it together would be appreciated by a hillbilly in Illinois!
Don
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

Don, Don'T know if nickel-iron batteries are even available today. There is a lot of experimenting going on, because of electric vehicle interest. Internet search would be my best guess???
  What type power source are ya gonna use???
  In Illinois, I would imagine there are several Industrial battery shops around. try there. If batteries are not discharged too low, they last a LOT longer.
  Ever think about a Synchronous Inverter???  Feds made a law that the Power Co. HAD to let you hook your system to the grid. May be still in existance???
  That way, if you use more than you make, you use the Power grid. If you make more than you use, you turn the meter backwards and, in essence, you are selling to the Power Co. by reversing the charges, so to speak. The Power Co. doesn't like this, but, check into the law.
  We had a propane refrigerator and we tied into a spring that was powered by a neighbors electricity. He psplit the bill with us 50/50 and I maintained the pump. Any breakdown, we split the cost.
  I built a wood furnace that heated the house AND all the hot water we could use.
   First, it is ridiculed;

duke401

what about wild boar, i was wanting to go boar hunting a few years back an seen a pic. of a 800 lb. wild boar taken with a spear, looked like a spade handel with a 10 inch spear point on the end of it. i think they call it a tompson hog spear, a 800 lb. boar would be a hand full too.
duke

Fla._Deadheader

Duke, never could climb a tree, unless it had 1 low hanging limb.
  Them Boar's ain't nothin to mess with. :o
  I would rather pet Gators than mess with a Boar. Y'all think them Gators got big teeth??? Ask a Boar to smile fer ya :o :D :D :D :D :D

Don, I dug out some old Flyers from Bergey and Solarex and Winco. Send me yer postal address on the personal message board, and I will mail 'em to ya. ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!