iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Havin a BAAAAAD day.....

Started by Percy, July 31, 2003, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

I usually try to be positive(talk too much,brag too much) and take setbacks as  personal challenges as having fits and blowouts are very non productive. But listen to this one,

I just finished cutting my birch(17000 bd ft) on my new mill setup(pics commin....really) and bought an old gaspot forklift($3000 plus a log truck load of Birch ffire wood) to load said birch and future biggass shipments.....SOOOOOO, I band and load 16 lifts of Birch lumber, figure where each lift is gonna go on the trailers so as not to be over weight on any particular axle. The trucker dropped off the trailers the day before so I had lotsa time...I did a good job,specially for my first time loading a lumber truck.  Well, 20 miniutes after I finished loading, the trucker shows up with his truck and Im thinkin, "I love it when things clik like this"....NOT....He says, ya gotta unload this stuff cause I gotta go to my regular job now. Well I was about to choke the guy, but before I lost it, I thought" If I force him to haul this, I could end up with nothing at all...so rather than ripp the guys arms and legs off, I unloaded his trailers..politley...he was tryin hard to find another truck for me and was appologisin like crazy. I go home quickly to try and find another truck myself, while Im there the lumber buyer phones and asks me "Howsit going??? I tell him the truth...and he says "We cant take the chance of it not getting here on time so we are  gonna bump you back to the end of the line as your load was the last one we were accepting before major kiln maitenance yadda, ship it on August 10th or so". That in itself is not that big a deal except about 10,000 bd ft of the load is tight piled and Im worried about it  molding(it is winter felled birch so I may be OK...heh). My helper has gone away on holidays, I have just too many commitments today(Cedar orders) and tomorrow ( I leave for a family reunion,planned for a year)to restack and band 10,000 bdft of birch. Cant find no helpers on short notice and ......well, Im kinda playing my lips right now(6 AM) wondering what the future will bring....... Thanks for letting me rant....I kinda feel better...sorta
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

biziedizie

Percy if you get in a total bind I can come up and give you a hand. 8) Ya just gotta cover the cost of a rental truck (with air) and supply some cold ones at the end of the day. 8)

Oh yeah and I need a few cedar logs to take back with me. :)

Steve

Thank You Sponsors!