iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Space heaters!!!!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, December 08, 2014, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Now i remember why my last one went on the iron pile! Borrowed one to heat the garage while the plumber put boiler in, worked fine all yesturday while i worked on truck. Plumber used it today no probs, i started it before supper and just went out, couldn't see inside the garage! Full of smoke! Glad boiler will be up and running thursday!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thats the way it goes sometimes. At least no fire.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

snowstorm

it should have shut it self off. when mine dose that i pick it up and drop it  fixes it every time

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on December 08, 2014, 05:55:26 PM
it should have shut it self off. when mine dose that i pick it up and drop it  fixes it every time
Going back to the guy i borrowed it from! He rescued it from death once, guess its time for a second fix!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

beenthere

"Space heaters" come in all sizes, varieties, heat sources, and shapes.  Which one might you have for this experience ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

customsawyer

I have one that I bought at TSC a few years ago and have had no trouble out of it. I don't use it as much as you folks up north would. Mine runs off kerosene or diesel.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Holmes

Quite often that smoke means it ran out of fuel.  Put some fuel oil in it, point it out the door and turn it on. Should run ok in a few minutes, then put it back in the garage. Some units just never run good
Think like a farmer.

Thank You Sponsors!