iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oh Lucky Me !!!

Started by Magicman, April 25, 2014, 01:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I went to my mailbox this morning.  Oh Lucky Me !!!   My hands were trembling as I opened that special envelope and I was not disappointed!!  I was holding a check for $30,000 made out to me in my hands.  $30,000, and all that I have to do is to drive down the the auto dealership and have it validated.  Not only that, but I have also won two cars.  Alas, there is a limit of two cars per winner, but you gotta admit that two ain't bad.

A have a couple of neighbors who aren't doing very well financially, so I gave each of them my old vehicles, cause I'll have my free ones after I go to the dealership.  Since $30,000 is really more than I am accustomed to having in my checking account, I just gave away a few thousand to some needy folks.  They were so happy.  Anyway, I'll get this check validated and cashed this afternoon.   

Yea, yea, oh lucky me.  I am so happy.    :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pigman

I would not get excited over a measly $30,000 and two cars. When I get my share of that $30,000,000 from that guy in Africa for helping him get his money out of his country, I am going to be really rich. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Magicman

I wonder if anyone will remember us the way that we were??  Money changes so many people.  I'll try to remain calm, but I am sooooo excited.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

You'll have to give the IRS the 30 grand for taxes  >:( :( :'( >:( >:(   ;D :D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

red oaks lumber

you can buy a hotel on boardwalk or park place :D and your first cousin is milton bradley ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Mooseherder

Congratulations on your good fortune MM.
You've been blessed may times over.
Car dealers are swell fellers. ;)

Magicman

Quote from: pigman on April 25, 2014, 02:07:32 PMWhen I get my share of that $30,000,000 from that guy in Africa for helping him get his money out of his country, I am going to be really rich.
Your problem is that your deal is just a scam.  Mine is real because I actually know the auto dealer in question.  I got busy this afternoon and did not make it to the dealership to verify my check, but I surely will go tomorrow.  Meanwhile tonight I can give some more money away because it will all be replaced tomorrow when I get my $30,000 check.   ;D

WmFritz

If yer neighbor doesn't want that old Ford pickup, I guess I could find a home for it in my garage.  ;D

Of course, you will need to use both the car vouchers + the $30,000 check to replace it.  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

drobertson

Amazing, some rain is too much, other rain is just perfect.  this sounds like a perfect rain to me,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

jargo432

I'd love to hear how this all works out but I'll be away for a few days on my free cruise.

Jack of all trades.

sandhills

Hey jargo I just won one of those, 'spose we're on the same ship!?!?  :D

Magicman

Just eat your hearts out guys.  ;D  I believe that your boat docks in Dodge City, Kansas.   :)

Mooseherder

I'm thinking of buying a Lotto ticket for Saturday nights drawing.
Do you have any special numbers you would like to share Magicman?  ;)

yukon cornelius

mooseherder sorry but don't bother buying a ticket. I ask the cashier for the wining ticket. I rarely buy one because I always loose but I figured out why, I always just ask for a ticket. I had never ask for the winning one til now.  when I add that to the couple thousand extra that guy from craigslist is going to transfer into my account  pay me for my porch swings I will be doin AOK! it feels good to to help that guy get his money.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

slider

laudy mercy MM you be so lucky.
al glenn

sandhills

Hey Magic I don't suppose that dealership is in Dodge City too?  Heck we could all get together for lunch and then you could give us a ride in your new ride to the boat and shove us off  :D.  I always did want see Dodge City.....

mesquite buckeye

They have a statue of Wyatt Earp there. I don't think it mentions that he got fired. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Holmes

Did you go yet? Did you go yet ? Did you go yet? 8)
Think like a farmer.

Magicman

The anticipation is killing me.  I did drive by early this morning and they have a tent set up with refreshments and everything.  I'll make my grand entrance this afternoon, but I'll have to get Marty to carry me since I have already given my other vehicles away.  My neighbors are so happy for me.  One was even out washing my old (his new) truck.  I kinda felt sorry for him 'cause my new one will already be clean and have that new smell.   ;D

Magicman

Seriously, when they mail that crap out, do they actually think that anyone opens or reads it, much less believes it??  I mean let's get real, what do they tell folks that show up actually believing any of it, and then they expect the buying public to believe that they are honest? 

And then how much do they pay advertising companies that comes up with those tear off and punch out cards?

WDH

I would rather tote cement blocks than go see a car dealer. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Brucer

"You may already be a winner."
    - John Hyatt

;D ;D
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

SawyerBrown

When I get this kind of junk mail, and there's a pre-paid return envelope, I love to stuff it full of some of the other junk mail (not from the sender, anything without my name on it), and stick it back in the box.  Just for fun. ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!