iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks Woodmizer!

Started by OlJarhead, February 03, 2011, 04:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

I ordered my LT10 today and they were excellent to work with!  Great advice and attention to detail -- sure seem like great customer oriented folks!

Thanks to the forum for pointing me in this direction!  Now it's time to wait patiently (ya right) for the new mill to arrive!!!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

flibob

How long are you going to have to wait?
The ranch is so big and I'm such a little cowboy

Busy Beaver Lumber

OlJarhead

Welcome fellow LT-10 Owner. You will love it. It is one great saw
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

fishpharmer

Way to go OlJarhead.  Very exciting stuff.   8) 8)

Can't wait to hear your comparison with the chain saw mill ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Bill Gaiche

OlJarhead, way to go. Soon the sawdust will fly and a lot of photos to be taken. bg

Magicman

Congratulations.  You have certainly asked the questions and done the homework.  Your efforts will be rewarded very nicely.  I can't wait to see the picture of your smile when it arrives.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buck

Its an obsession.....congratulations!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

ljmathias

Way to go!  I started with a manual WM and when that got old after a couple of years of wrastling logs around, moved up to an LT40 hydraulic- best thing I've done in the last 20 years (other than have grandkids which are the best things that have ever happened to me other than marrying my wife who made it all possible- oops, sorry for the ramble).

So here's my prediction: you learn how to make lumber, you make a whole bunch and then get the next level of addiction (or fetish as it's been labeled elsewhere on the forum) and sell your first mill for a little less than what you paid for it, pool it with all the money you've saved by NOT having to buy lumber and away you go!   :D :D

Been raining last couple of days and had other things to work on- looking forward to getting intimate with two spalted white oak logs that have been "aging" since Katrina...
can't wait to see what's under those drab outer layers... :)

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Jasperfield

Good job!

The decision makin' is the hard part. Movin' forward is easier.

Now it's done, and now it's beginning.

OlJarhead

Thanks All!  It may arrive as early as Monday!  I'm dying to get it up to the cabin and milling lumber!!!!

Just Me

I read your adventures with the CSM, and I was wondering how long you were going to hold out.

Congradulations

Larry

OlJarhead

Whoot!  Got the mill last night :)  Now I just have to get it up to our cabin and get milling! :D

OlJarhead

Red Oak??  Wow, this is cool!  Woodmizer tells me they will send me 25 Red Oaks!?!?

I never considered planting them on my property (just fruit trees) but with this I'm kinda stoked...though I am uncertain that they would like it...but they may.

3000 feet in an area that only gets about 15 inches of rain a year BUT we have a stream that runs through the bottom of our property on the north east side of the slope (which sounds promising)...I think it just might work.

Thoughts?

The other option was 50 Doug Firs but I'd rather have the Oak and I think it would be happier.

Erik

PS.  How cool is that?

porcupine

I'm getting the 50 Douglas Firs and yes, I was a little surprised too. A nice gift from WM.
Kubota M5040  2007
Kubota U35 Mini-Ex  2016
Brute Force 18-24 Firewood Processor 2022
Brute Force Grapple
Super Split HD
Logrite Cant Hook, Pickaroon
Stihl MS250, MS461, MSE 220
Lamar 16' Dump Trailer
Load Trail 20' Tilt Trailer

OlJarhead

I see they also tossed in a blade resharp for 10 blades too! :)

The more I see the more I like Woodmizer...wow!

Peter Drouin

WM IS the best. on my 3rd in 19 years.keep getting bigger ones :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

OlJarhead

The mill arrives at our cabin :)

Had to chain up all 4's to get it there what with the 16% grades and inches upon inches of ice covered in a foot of snow (in places)...but we made it up.

The mill head was almost too heavy for Josh and I to lift off the trailer alone!  I have plans for the future involving a boat trailer and winches.

Next weekend we plan to assemble and get milling!

Magicman

One small step for man.  Congratulations !!!  That new baby looks good and will look even better up and sawing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

countryjonez

congratulations,im hoping to get mine ordered before the sale runs out.im so exited!!
If God be for us who can be against us ?

customsawyer

It is confirmed he has been bitten by the sawdust bug.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!