iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My New Show Room

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 25, 2018, 08:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I like it.  Matter of fact, I really like it.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Lawg Dawg

That is one SNAZZY show room! ;D
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Moving slow but steady because of the heat.

I have now got the back wall framed in.

......and the board and baton up. The fan really sucks the heat out thank goodness.

I then took a break from building and run the underground power.
tired of drop cords.

Got the wire and conduit covered and put down fresh gravel. Thats Kirk in the ditch.  :D

Then went back inside and decided on Hickory paneling for the upper part of the wall.
Each board was dry and was oiled to make the grain pop.

The wheels in my head are still turning on what design next.
Some trim to do and will be starting on the bottom of the wall and the fireplace.

More to come.

While I got you here.....check this pic out.  :D :D :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

TimW

That's funny, I don't care who you are!
 hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Magicman

Looking good David.  You da man!!!  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Looks great.  When we go traveling in that direction, I want to see the Billy Graham Library and the Poston showroom. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

PA_Walnut

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on July 09, 2018, 11:21:30 PMMoving slow but steady because of the heat. I have now got the back wall framed in.

Looks like a great place to install an A/C, a slab bar-top and strum on your geeetar! 8)
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

WV Sawmiller

I'm still waiting to see the racks for the mantels. smiley_monkeyfight
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

bigred1951

My uncle was the superintendent on the billy Graham library built. He was there in charge of it from start to finish.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: bigred1951 on July 11, 2018, 11:57:49 AM
My uncle was the superintendent on the billy Graham library built. He was there in charge of it from start to finish.
Your Uncle and crew did a great job on building the library. I went and saw it 2 or 3 times.
Took tons of pictures and built a birdhouse from it. I actually finish the birdhouse on the day 
Mrs. Graham passed away in 2007.
The birdhouse is built from Walnut and has been put up in storage since then, signed and dated.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I still have a lot of BIG things to get done on my barn but doing saw jobs while its cooler in the mornings and working on the barn in the afternoon......its taking its toil.
Having to stop at 3 pm....can't deal with the humidity.

Today I did do a little work picture framing my light switches.

The baton will match the framed switches and  and let the Hickory paneling stand out.

Then I sat and looked at the fan and said now what?

I pictured framed  

it in layers and then used old cookies I had laying around to fill in around the fan.

Slowly but surely.

WDH

Love the cookie infill.  You creative old goat. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Pjames

Looking good very creative 🤯🤯

Southside

You gotta work in an outhouse to the design!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

You definitely have an eye for things, David!👍
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

You should charge to see the show room.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Roxie

Wow!  I love the fan decor.  smiley_gorgeous
Say when

PA_Walnut

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on July 12, 2018, 08:33:50 PMToday I did do a little work picture framing my light switches.

It would seem that your design should have wooden switch and outlet covers! :D They make'em!
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: PA_Walnut on July 15, 2018, 09:50:16 AM
Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on July 12, 2018, 08:33:50 PMToday I did do a little work picture framing my light switches.

It would seem that your design should have wooden switch and outlet covers! :D They make'em!
I make them too. But it will be this winter. To hot in there for thin covers right now.

Sixacresand

Quote from: thecfarm on July 13, 2018, 05:57:43 AM
You should charge to see the show room.
I heard that when visiting "Wide World", the tour of the show room is free.  The place is on my bucket list to go to, now. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Crusarius

This whole endeavor is pretty spectacular. Thanks for sharing with us. giving me lots of ideas in my house. I love the cookie fan wall.

Thank You Sponsors!