iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Porting a Stihl M-Tronic saw

Started by George Zarifis, June 26, 2015, 11:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Zarifis

I've just bought the Stihl MS 261 C-M, which features the M-Tronic system. This is supposed to self-adjust the carburator to achieve the best performance. I'm thinking about porting the muffler. In that case, would the carb automatically adjust to the right fuel/air mixture? Does anyone know?
Every man's proble can be solved with a chansaw and high explosives. And a gun. And maybe a screwdriver. A cordless drill wouldn't hurt either.

I think a truck full of tools will do...

Duane(Pa)

Yes it will! Even works to adjust after porting the cylinder. The trick you are talking about is often called a muffler mod. vs. porting the muffler. The M-Tronic automatically compensates for either. Early on there were worries that it wouldn't have enough range  but it surely does and works quite well !

skipster

interesting!
i have a MS362 CM i was contemplating a muffler mod on, anyone got any details/experience on the process?

saw_nut

My MS241 CM likes it opened up muffler. Dropped a few minutes of runtime per tank, but power is up.

Al_Smith

Just a reminder .The general rule of thumb being it takes fuel to make power .

The EPA and the greenies might not like it but who really cares .It's your saw ,do with it as you wish . ;)

HolmenTree

Those greenies should be sent up here to Canada and help fight our forest fires......if their so concerned about the environment  ::)
So much pollution from wood smoke up here it burns your eyes and about 1/4 mile visibility.
It would take a 1000 years or more of all the small engine exhaust in the world to match just this summer's  smoke we're  getting up here.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!