iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mice, .....again

Started by sprucebunny, August 11, 2005, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Hopf

Mice and rats are a little problem here in the Barn. I used to have about 12 cats in the barn, until a possum got into the barn, and killed them all off.
Now I just use a tin pie plate full of rat and mouse bait, that it is inside a tin for the bottom of an oven. In this tin, is Dyfonate (for corn root worm). A rat especially, is continuous of it feet being kept clean, and when it licks the Dyfonate dust off it's feet, well it doesn't take too long for them to be it for them. Mice the same.
Rat and mouse bait goes a lot further, than a bag of cat food, and is a lot cheaper too. Bruce.
McCulloch
1-Pro Mac 60, 1-Pro Mac 700, 2-Mac 10-10 automatic's, 2-Mini Mac 30's, 2-Mac 110's, 2-Mini Mac 35's, 1-Mac 140 with Automatic chain sharpener, 1-Pro Mac 10-10, 2-Eagar Beaver 2.0's, 1-Mac 1-10
Stihl
2-044's, 2-034,s 2-024's, 1-064, 1-084
Strunk
1-Busy Beaver, 1-SpeeDemon Special

SPIKER

this reminds me, last week, I opened the bottom drawer of my tool box last week, & saw a bunch of fluff (out popped a momma mouse with 4 babies attached, grabbed her & tossed out side where she was dispatched, come to find out it was the inside lining of my HOT WORK gloves that she shredded :(, little while later after cleaning up the mess of a nest I kept hearing a squeaking. seems one of the babies fell off on way out of the shed...   tossed it out with momma where it quited right down.   seems local cat or?? found the remains as it was all gone next AM.
few years back the mower wouldn't start/run right opened hood, I pulled off air cleaner to find mouse had made home there, ate hole and shredded air cleaner, which was sucked into mower carb... GRRR  since then I keep screen over intakes more often..

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

easymoney

not as bad as mice. but dirt daubers can be a pain. a friend gave me an impact wrench that he said did not work. i found that a dirt dauber had stopped up the air intake.i have had that happen more than once. i found a big dirt dauber nest in the intake of a car engine that had been sitting for a couple of years.

farmboy1tn

well i have had alot of the same things happen to me also :-[.   but a few years back had the service truck in the shop for new transmission when to pick it up on a cold afternoon wait for it to warm up while driving down the road temp gauge started to read some movement hit high on the fan switch and got a face full of chewed up sound deading from under the dash smiley_furious.  the worst was my new truck and i where fixing to go on a road trip and loaded up and headed down the road and less than a mile it was just like it just died . so poped the hood started looking around open up the airfilter box and seen the air filter chewed up and i guess it took speeding up to get on the main road to suck up the chewed up nest to be shucked in the intake ah ain't life just grand.

Thank You Sponsors!