iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats a Delta 13" planer worth?

Started by MotorSeven, June 14, 2006, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorSeven

Hey, i need some help. I found a Delta DC-33 13" planer used in good condition. The guy wants $600 inc/stand. This is an older(86?) 2 horse single phase/220, sinle speed planer. I only found one other one online and the asking is $750. Anyone have any experience with this machine? It will be for personal use.
RD
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

brdmkr

I know that the older tools are made better, but that seems a bit high to me.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Texas Ranger

I bought a 15", two speed, 220, for $600, then put a hundred back into it fixing it the way I wanted it (vacum chip collector)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Burlkraft

That is a bit high...I had one and I didn't like the single speed. I replaced it with a 15 and I love that.
I would think the 450-500 range would be good for one in good shape ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

MotorSeven

Wow, you guys are quick ;D, Thanks...oh and it has carbide blades and two sets of reg blades. I think i'll limit myself  at $500....it's local so no shipping involved.
RD
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

dail_h

MS,
   If the head moves up ,'n down,instead of the table,it will be easier to set up in,and out feed tables. I got three planners,and all three the table moves  >:( >:(
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

MotorSeven

Dail,
Yep the head moves not the base, and i picked it up yesterday. I needed to store it, so at breakfast i asked some co-workers for help storing it for a month. One of the guys dad has 3 hangers at the airport. So we are there unloading the planer and he says, hey are you interested in a Whirlpool washer & dryer, and an upright freezer, we bought a new house and don't need these(they are less than 2 years old).... :). I went home and told the wife that we were even-steven: $500 planer=free washer/dryer/freezer! It's kinda funny how some days things just work out...then there are those other days....... :o

Man, when we head to TN next month we are definatly gonna look like the Clampit's.....3 kayaks, table saw, radial arm saw,planer, 4-wheeler,20'sawmill,washerdryerfreezer, 3 weeks worth of camping gear....etcetc ;D

RD
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Mr Mom

MotorSeven     Where is  the rocking chair,i dont see the chair.    Good luck with the camping.

Thanka Alot Mr Mom

Thank You Sponsors!