iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

processor build

Started by dieseldeere, December 22, 2014, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dieseldeere

I am starting to build a fire wood processor and have a 23hp engine and was looking at going with 2  1.4 cid pumps with a 28gpm 2 stage pump one of the 1.4 pumps would be for the saw that i was planning on running a cross .75 motor for the saw anyone see anything worng with this setup or have comments.

blackfoot griz

A little concerned that you will have a challenge getting the saw mount, chain saw bar and a hub on the Cross motor with a 1-1/4 length shaft. What PSI are the 1.4's?
The 28 gpm will take up to 16 hp which might not leave enough left over to run the saw at the same time.

dieseldeere

griz glad to hear from you really like your build. do you have another recomendation for the motor. the 1.4 pump will do 2500psi i was going to try and run the gas engine at 2700rpm. i think as long as i can advance the log in while the cylinder is retracting and have it ready to cut once the cylinder is back i will be happy. i would like to up the hp but all ready have the motor i was thinking about building the hydraulics around a higher hp engine and limiting the combination of movements and possible upgrading to a bigger engine down the road. ideally i would like to have what you and gf have.

blackfoot griz

Ballpark, a 1.4 cu in motor @ 2300 rpm=14 GPM.  The HP needed to run a 1.4 cu in pump @ 2500 psi=at least 24 HP.

I am concerned your engine may not even run one 1.4 cid pump @ 2500 rpm :-\ Hopefully somebody else can check my math/calculations...maybe i am all wet!  I want to encourage...not discourage you on this!

dieseldeere

I appericate the experienced input I was having my doubts about using that 23hp motor.

Gearbox

Only uses the HP if his saw motor takes 2500 psi to run at cut . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

dieseldeere

well i have decided to go with a f11 5cc motor for the saw and the engine to power the unit i am still searching for still collecting pieces and parts.

SquareG

I'm just shooting from the hip here.  Take it with a grain of salt.  2 hp per 1 gpm at 1900 psi.  If you're going to just run one stage at a time, you might as well just have/plumb one stage.  So 14 gpm at operating pressure = 28 hp.  Both stages= little diesel motor.  Do your own calculation flow X pressure = fluid power.  Table on the net I bet.

dieseldeere

i might have found a hatz 3M40L 3 cylinder air cooled diesel engine but i can not find any specs on it. its on an asphalt paver.

RoundMountainLogger

Was thinking about swapping the Honda 24hp on my firewood processor with a diesel from a 1985 Mercedes car.  I have the junked car sitting out back and engine is good just not sure if current hyd pumps will bolt to the Mercedes motor.
Tractor and farmi winching

Thank You Sponsors!