iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What type of blade is this ( pic)

Started by Quebecnewf, November 05, 2018, 04:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

A buddy of mine received 10 of these with his new mill . Never seen this type of profile before 

What type!?
Who makes them ?
What are they designed to saw?

Any other info or comments..

Quebecnewf

ely

From the picture, I guess band saw is type,maybe cooks brand silver tip, made to saw wood. I know that's pretty vague but it's my guess.

Satamax

You know i'm a DIYer, and don't know much. But isn't that what they call "rake" teeth? Just checking some pics, it's not far from skip tooth type either. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

terrifictimbersllc

What brand of mill, won't that be the brand of blade?

If you said Woodmizer I would guess those are 10 degree double hards. Is the tooth spacing 7/8"?

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

PAmizerman

Is that actually a double tooth or is that the band behind it?
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

moodnacreek

In wood cutting band saw blades there are an endless number of patterns.

barbender

I think Lennox makes one called the "Chipsweep", with that double tooth pattern. I think they are for frozen wood.
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

Using my phone I could zoom in, looks like a regular 10 degree band, there are a couple stacked together, thus the odd looking tooth arrangement. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Quebecnewf

Going to get a better pic. I thought they were double tooth but now I'm not sure 

Quebecnewf

LeeB

One blade stacked on another. Fooled me too at first glance. Seems like if it was a double tooth like that it wouldn't cut very well. You surely wouldn't be able to sharpen it. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

barbender

You guys are right, those blades are stacked.

barbender

That profile isn't much different than that chipsweep, though.

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Bill Gaiche

Double stacked side by side with a little offset. Besides, who has a sharpener that would grind those teeth. bg

Brucer

Yep. The glare in the photo makes it hard to see. If you closely you can see the gullet in the front blade under the tooth in the back blade.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!