iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started preparing for the Sawlex trip on this rainy Sunday...

Started by GareyD, May 29, 2005, 08:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GareyD

Seeing's how Tom, Harold and DanG are all going to meet at my house this Wednesday and we'll head to Ohio from here, I figgered that I oughta start getting ready for the trip...

I'm not sure what kind of food we'll find when we get to Ohio...so I got the smoker going...

and put 5 fine lookin' Boston Butts in about 7am this morning...about 4pm, they looked like this....

with my wifes help, we "pulled"them and they looked like this...the first of 3 pans full  ;D ;D ;D

oh yeah...before I forgot to do it...I also went ahead and got the most important thing packed and ready to go.....about 5 gallons of GRITS  ;) :D :D the staff of southern life...hope this will be enuff to get us by for 3 days  :) :) :)

Lookin' forward to meetin' all ya FF members in Ohio...

GareyD
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Cedarman

Anybody up for an ambush?  It will take some planning, and we'll have to do it early in their trip or there might not be much left.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Corley5

And I'm goin' to Texas next weekend  ::) :(  I'd even eat the grits  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

GareyD

We might be fairly hard to ambush...I'm thinkin' about drivin' up in my new truck...it runs real fast and carries a heavy load in case we might find sumpthin' that we wanta haul back  :D ;) :D

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Teri

:D :D :D  Now thats too funny.  :D :D :D

Wish I could go and ride shotgun.  :D :D

DanG

Awwwwright GAREY! 8) 8) 8)  That's some serious groceries right there!  I knew there was something I liked about you! ;D 8) ;D 8)

Just bring it on, Teri. All ya gots ta do is git in tha truck. ;) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mtnjack

Garyd where ya camping bring the smoker leave the grits yous above the line now.Ah heck bring em will tease da boss with em. Mtn Jack

Teri

Wish I could DanG, but  I gotta work.  :(

But y'all have fun!

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Teri

Yep.  I said WORK.   :(    Its supposed to be slow as everybody heads back north but with new people moving in around here it seems like they have 1 or 2 dogs that need to be washed & fluffed or completely shaved.

Ga_Boy

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH  doggie,

Now thems is some good eats. 
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Jeff

Tammy was in the Kitchen much of the day. She baked 30 DOZEN chocolate chip cookies to give to hungry visitors to the Forestry Forum meeting spot.

Anybody have a good idea for a cooler for the booth? Tammy got a real good deal on bottled water and has 200 bottles to bring along and keep there for anyone that gets thirsty. I've been to some trade shows in the past where it seems like they hide the water and then charge a bunch for drinks. Free water is always a good thing. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV_hillbilly

Jeff  I have a 120 QT. cooler if you would like me to bring it . It will hold alot of  cans of beer  , I don't know what the water bottle capacity is though .

Garey unless you want to contribute to the pig roast by fattening up the pig  we  don't eat those things you got in the container .  But I agree with Jack bring the smoker .
Hillbilly

Thank You Sponsors!